Meet Louie

Swtbobcat

Louie, named after one of the "lizards" from the old Budweiser frog commercials, is a 2 yr old veiled chameleon. He was put on consignment at a local pet boutique I frequent after his owners had had hin for about 2 yrs and decided they didn't want him any longer. If was in the store for several months and i would visit with him anytime i came in. He was going to be purchased until went thru thru a shed the potential buyer decided they didn't want him anymore. That left him open for me and the rest they say is history. He loves to ride around on my head and likes to climb up on me until he gets there. He loves to eat his super worms and climb around his cage watching 7th graders during the day. He finds them to be entertaining. Louie also likes to sleep in what appears to be weird positions but seems comfortable to him. He has lives with 2 cats and a leopard gecko.

Thank y'all for welcoming both of us to the forum.

Attachments

• 20191206_084112.jpg
    20191206_084112.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 20191204_154712.jpg
    20191204_154712.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 114
In addition to the red flags mentioned above, since you're new to chameleons you should understand that he isn't climbing on your head because he's having a good time. He's climbing up because he's trying to escape and get away

@Swtbobcat I felt your joy and enthusiasm for Louie with this post. I’m sorry if it seems like all are raining on your parade. Louie appears to have some issues that are most likely related to errors in his husbandry. Chameleons need specific conditions or they quickly fall ill. Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation being given out there and it’s very easy to not know what’s right and what isn’t. In your other post you were provided a help questionnaire...if you could please fill it out (copy & paste), the forum members can review and help you get your guy on the right track. :)

There also appears to be a growth on Louie's left side, right along the midline.
The vet he was taken too before I purchased him said the growth wasn't something to worry about unless it hurt him or gets bigger and its been this size and way since before I got him.

@Swtbobcat I felt your joy and enthusiasm for Louie with this post. I’m sorry if it seems like all are raining on your parade. Louie appears to have some issues that are most likely related to errors in his husbandry. Chameleons need specific conditions or they quickly fall ill. Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation being given out there and it’s very easy to not know what’s right and what isn’t. In your other post you were provided a help questionnaire...if you could please fill it out (copy & paste), the forum members can review and help you get your guy on the right track. :)

I just saw the care sheet. I have been feeding him superworms and dusting them about 1x a wk or every 2 wks and he doesnt seem to like them with the powder. I will dust him with some tomorrow though to be on the safe side since the dust is at school. Temp wise his cage seems to be pretty good within what it should be. I will reset up his dripper then as well. His light and heat lamp are located on top of his cage and i dont turn either off but the light is at the back of his cage where he can get away from it. Usually he is an active man crawling around and being ridiculously cute. I will print out the care sheet and double check everything.

I appreciate any and all help and feedback.

I did not see a questionaire to fill out for Louie though. I've only had him a couple of month. I will get his light on a timer though for sure to help.

Here’s some great info to help you keep Louie healthy. Chameleons need EVERYTHING to be just right to stay healthy. They are not an easy pet to keep.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/

Care sheet for Louie
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
I will also be trying to find some proper real plants to replace the fake ones in his cage to help. I appreciate the care sheet for sure. I do try hard to keep my pets healthy and will take any help from those who are more experienced with them.

Back
Top Bottom