Meet Kecleon my new Veiled

JlaPinska

he shipped from lllreptile in cali all the way to NC overnight, then the fedex carrier took him to the wrong house, gave me a heart attack, but i got him around 2pm and he was just fine. I have not bothered him as i've only had him since Friday but I would guess he is about 9" long

16900053051_894dcd18e5_z.jpg

Current setup. will be adding more but he seems to prefer the ficus. he's eating well and drinking, caught him nabbing at some of the umbrella leaves too. his cage is still a work in progress but i have all the basics a dripper, misting 3x's a day, 5.0 uvb strip, 75watt heat dome. a cool spot thermometer a basking spot infrared thermometer and a hygrometer. everything is reading perfect and i still have more foliage and live plant to add. i could use ideas on how to mount a pothos to this reptibreeze cage and the pothos is medium-large but its vines are only like 3" right now. i want to mount it and move the dripper near it so it catches most of the water, although there are drainage holes in the bottom of the cage and a tub to catch underneath to prevent flooding for now. BTW the umbrellas were completely repotted added rocks inside as well as on top (inside for better drainage) as for the ficus i removed the first 2" of soil and added a new layer with rocks on top. The soil i used was completely organic no chemicals. I need real ideas for the pothos, it's kind of heavy. It's big enough to break into 2 small plants.

16900104401_3b6d0331cc_z.jpg

he was $70, then the overnight priority shipping and packaging fee brought the total too $114+change. Not bad at all but I made sure to order from the Oceanview or Ocean-something store as I've heard bad reviews from the others.

yes my first but this is my dream pet i have been researching and waiting a longggggggggggg time! i'm in love with him already.

Whoa! Look at that casque and those colors! He looks amazing! I so sorry you had a bad shipping experience. I totally understand the heart attack you must have had. I had a similar and frightening experience when my cham was shipped to us with the Fedex overnight from California to NJ. There was a delay and he sat in Indianapolis for hours and hours! We were making desperate phone calls like crazy! By the time he arrived in NJ, they couldn't find the box to hurry the process up! He arrived alive and well in the end, though.
I wish you the best of luck with your new buddy!

here is the pothos that i have had for a few weeks it was perfect for dividing it came out to 4 plants in the end. some of their original store mix but eggrock on top and bottom and a thick layer of organic soil.. they're not even plant pots. they're $1 pencil holders I found at target in the front of the store! too bad they werent black but they turned out perfect for corner- mounting.

16725076067_4b27898c88_n.jpg

16744732818_ea65d5fc72_n.jpg

the 4th split i repotted in the original pot and sat on the bottom of the cage right under the dripper. i had to move the umbrellas to the front because they were being over watered and drooping. poor lil guys.

will post updates when they are mounted, i also bought another flukers bend-a-branch (medium 6ft) to put in around the top through the ficus as well since he likes it so much that it's almost bare with nothing but new stubs growing in.

really dig the name:
#352 Kecleon
It can freely change its body's color. The zigzag pattern on its belly doesn't change, however.

ah i have also added an expensive 2-light timer so both lights are on for 12hrs. so i pretty much have to do nothing. i keep the blinds closed and its enough for the plants. if i open the blinds he LOVES to look out he gets up close but if he sees something he doesn't like he gets dark, puffs up and sways. so i only let him look out for about 10 minutes a day. i just feel bad he's never been exposed to it.

Back
Top Bottom