Meet Karby, my new baby!

CLP

For those of you who saw my recent post about my egg bound female, you will know I recently lost my sweet girl Karmie to egg binding. You can read about the experience here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/worried-about-my-girl-after-laying-eggs-115328/ What you wouldn't know, is there was another clutch of eggs she laid last year that was fertile (her most recent eggs were not fertile). There was one surviving baby and I have managed to acquire him! I have witten a blog to explain how I met mother Karmie and came to own her baby. Here's the link: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/clp/830-how-i-met-karmie.html.

As sad as I am to have lost Karmie - I am excited to have a piece of her left. I have only had him since Sunday. He is still very young and still adjusting to his new home, but seems to be coming along. I am looking forward to watching him grow and perhaps some day, finding a nice healthy female to breed him with. Karmie was such a beautiful and sweet girl, I would love to keep a bit of her going! His name is Karbie. A combination of KARmie and baBY - Karby - Karmie's baby! RIP Karmie. It gives me solace to still have a piece of you with me...

Hope you think he's as cute as I do! Karby.jpg

He looks simply darling! I'm so glad you have a piece of your dear girl to,take care of now, after all the grief. He will help you heal.

Thanks everyone. He can never replace Karmie, but I am happy to still have a piece of her with me. Hopefully he'll turn out to have a great personality like his Mom did.

He seems to be doing much better in my care. His eyes are wide open and he's done lots of exploring in his enclosure. Like his Mom, he HATES being misted :rolleyes:, and today was the first day he ate like a baby should. He was eating some food each day, but not with the appetite a healthy baby should. Today he ate like a champ!

Sorry to hear about your loss of Karmie :(
My little Squee Sr. passed away a few months ago as well.

I gave his name to another male panther that is as friendly and beautiful
as he was.

Your little veiled is a very nice shade of grass green :)

I can relate and know how thrilled you are. I lost my first quad, a rescue named Tuffy. She was gravid, and like a fool i let all her babies go. One of the sweetest people on the forum Dooley1 (Kevin) sent me a grandson from Tuffy. I was devastated when I lost TJ.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/tj-off-6-hour-drive-vet-104827/index4.html

Now Kevin has given me TJ's brother. Having a grandchild from Tuffy is wonderful, having a friend like Kevin is priceless.

I am so happy you have a part of your sweet cham with you. It won't erase losing one, but you feel a part of your lost cham lives on close to you. Enjoy every day and post pictures for us.:):)

I can relate and know how thrilled you are. I lost my first quad, a rescue named Tuffy. She was gravid, and like a fool i let all her babies go. One of the sweetest people on the forum Dooley1 (Kevin) sent me a grandson from Tuffy. I was devastated when I lost TJ.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/tj-off-6-hour-drive-vet-104827/index4.html

Now Kevin has given me TJ's brother. Having a grandchild from Tuffy is wonderful, having a friend like Kevin is priceless.

I am so happy you have a part of your sweet cham with you. It won't erase losing one, but you feel a part of your lost cham lives on close to you. Enjoy every day and post pictures for us.:):)

Thanks Laurie. Somehow I missed you thread about TJ. I'm so sorry for your loss.

You are absolutely correct. Karby doesn't erase the pain of losing Karmie and those painful last few days, but it does feel like I've still got a part of her with me now, and that helps a lot.

You definitely are lucky to have a friend like Kevin!

I have learned a lot from the loss of Karmie. Being relatively new to these wonderful creatures, I still have a lot to learn, but here are a few things I didn't know before this ordeal with Karmie:

1. These are special little creatures that you can love more than anyone who hasn't known one could ever imagine. I knew I loved her, I just didn't know how much.

2. Having access to this forum and a well-qualified vet are priceless.

3. I need to learn more about their medical care and issues. Had I known exactly what the treatment protocol for egg-bound chameleons was in advance, I could have at least gotten Karmie the proper treatment a few days sooner. Would it have saved her life? I don't know, and unfortunately, will always wonder :(

4. Take pictures!! I didn't take enough pictures of Karmie or my now 1 year old male.

4. Their sweet lives are way too short, even if they live to a ripe old age!

I will certainly enjoy every moment with Karby. I am giving him another day or two to settle in before the pictures start!!

Back
Top Bottom