Meet Gizmo

katy32

Established Member
Some of you saw my other thread about a chameleon who had been abandoned and was taken in by a local pet store. I happened to be in there getting something for my saltwater tank and I saw him. We had been researching chameleons for a few months already. I started talking to the guys there. Gizmos cage was too hot and didn't have any horizontal climbing surfaces. We fixed those problems. I started going by every day on my lunch break and after work to make sure he was being cared for properly.

Long story short after a week of me going by and taking care of him they asked if I wanted to take him home. No adoption fee and they sent me home with a ton of crickets/mealworms and roaches to keep him well fed.

Currently he is in a reptibreeze that won't be tall enough for him for too long. I am ordering him a dragonstrand cage on Monday after I get paid. He has been at my house since Thursday evening and I have been doing my best to let him settle in. He is very curious and walks toward me when I open the cage to feed him. He especially likes his calcium dusted crickets and a little zucchini from my garden.

I know ideally I would have had a proper setup ready for him to come home to, but I think we are making the best of it. He has been to the vet and they said he was in good shape. No parasites etc.

Anyway just wanted to introduce him. Will post habitat pics once he has a truly proper one.

Attachments

• 13923587_10103348398374825_1105597705000803708_o (1).jpg
    13923587_10103348398374825_1105597705000803708_o (1).jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 132
He's super handsome! Good on you for checking up on him long before you got to keep him. You'll make a great chameleon owner. Best wishes!

Great job on everything you did for him. I remember the pics you posted with his mouth open when the pet store had him. He looks a lot happier. Props to the pet store for letting you take him home without an adoption fee. Sounds like they are one of the good ones. Keep up the good work. Post a pic of your set up when you get the new cage.

He's eating today! Super thrilled he is settling in. I've seen him snack on little here or there but it was nice to watch him go to his cup and eat.

Hi Katy32,
Your Gizmo may be a she and may be gravid. You may need a laying bin soon.Hopefully some other more experienced members will chime in. Healthy looking Cham
Dave

Hi Katy32,
Your Gizmo may be a she and may be gravid. You may need a laying bin soon.Hopefully some other more experienced members will chime in. Healthy looking Cham
Dave
Good catch. There doesn't seem to be any spurs on the back feet. Can you post a pic of the backside of the back feet?

Good catch. There doesn't seem to be any spurs on the back feet. Can you post a pic of the backside of the back feet?

Here's the best I have at the moment. Gizmo is sleeping right now and so is the rest of the house. Don't want to wake anyone up for a better shot. This is a crappy cell phone snap of a shot I got on my real camera earlier.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    276.9 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom