Meet Chomper

TheLioness

Hello everyone, new veiled chameleon owner here. I just picked up a male veiled chameleon last night. He came with his cage and some of branches. I bought the necessary lighting, temp humid displays, water dripper, spray bottle, food, and bigger branches. I'll probably be getting some kind of fogger to help with humidity.

He was a rescue and the person had said he burned his eye and it no longer works. They took him to the vet and got him healed up. He seems healthy to me, but I'm a newbie and would like to get more opinions. I am unsure how old he is, but I'm happy to have him and start my journey on having these guys as pets.

Here is Chomper, my son named him.

Attachments

• IMG_7344.JPG
    IMG_7344.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7345.PNG
    IMG_7345.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_7346.PNG
    IMG_7346.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
Congrats on your new veiled. I keep veileds and they are awesome chameleons with so much personality. It’s ashame his previous owner didn’t take better care of him but at least he had you now and you are here researching on the Chameleon Forums. This is a great place to learn about chameleons and meet chameleon keepers. I would recommend a mister instead of a fogger. I’ve use MistKing for years and they are very dependable and last a long time. I’d guess Chomper to be 9 to 10 months old.

I’m attaching a link to my blog for how I recommend keeping veileds and the Forums caresheet. Keep us up dated with pictures and Chompers progress.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-with-young-veiled-or-panther-chameleons.325/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

I definitely will. I want the best care for the little guy. I'm starting to wonder if the eye was even burned. Could the sinus problem have caused the eye to swell and look like it does.

Just Left the vet. Yup he had the infection and his eye was caused by the sinus infection. Got two types of medicine. Eye medicine and oral. I'm unsure what they are called, we're still in the car. I'll post what they are when we get home. Picked up an automatic mister as well. Very knowledgeable vet on reptiles. A road of recovery ahead for Chomper, just happy I got him from someone who claimed they took care of him.

Just Left the vet. Yup he had the infection and his eye was caused by the sinus infection. Got two types of medicine. Eye medicine and oral. I'm unsure what they are called, we're still in the car. I'll post what they are when we get home. Picked up an automatic mister as well. Very knowledgeable vet on reptiles. A road of recovery ahead for Chomper, just happy I got him from someone who claimed they took care of him.
Good thing he is in good care! I'm praying for you guys!

Thank you, hoping for some improvement in two weeks. If not then we will go back, the veterinarian said. Although he isn't perfectly healthy for being my first one, it is no bother to me. I enjoy giving animals a second and better chance at life. Glad to have found this forum to get all the information I need to keep him happy and healthy. Same goes for my future chameleons.

P.s if anyone is interested in the cost( for people worried about cost) it was an emergency visit because I didn't want to wait till tomorrow. It was 102.00 regular office visit plus medicine at a total of 145.00 normal office visit would have been 65.

Back
Top Bottom