Meet Brazil - My first chameleon - 6 month old Sambava x Ambanja panther chameleon

rmichaelk

Hi Everyone,
Here are a few pictures of Brazil, my very first chameleon. He is a Sambava x Ambanja cross bred by Elliot and Sandy at Chameleonsnorthwest.com. He is now about 7 months old.

He lives in a 18" x 18" x 36" cage with a halogen lamp for heat (85 - 90F basking spot) and a Reptisun 5.0 for UVB. I plan on moving him to a 2" x 24" x 48" cage in the next month or two.

He eats crickets, roaches (lobster, dubia and Turkistan), butterworms and pretty soon silkworms. I plan on adding flies and pillbugs to his menu in the coming months.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Michael

Thank you

Thanks for the compliments everyone. My kids came up with the name but they don't want to tell me why they came up with that name :rolleyes:

And I have no clue if there is some Nosy Be in him, maybe.

I wanted to add, for those who might be considering, that Elliot and Sandy were great to talk to. They were willing to hold him for a full month before shipping to me and patiently answered the numerous mails I sent to them. Great folks to deal with.

Michael

Yes chameleons northwest is amazing thats where I got mine and my girlfriends from. They are great and sell great chameleons. I really like the colors and def put some more pics up in a couple of months.

Hi Calistar,
Yeh I use the cup for feeding crickets. This way I don't have loose crickets in the cage (or house) plus to minimize the risk of them biting the chameleon. I am not sure how often it happens but I wasn't ready to take any chances.

The cup, with a screen at the bottom, doesn't work good for roaches because they cling to the screen and just sit still so my chameleon doesn't go after them.

Hope this helps. Check out this link http://www.screameleons.com/site/3525/default.aspx.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom