Mealybug Problem

I want to know what they are trying to catch in one this size
06D34FE5-C69F-4CD2-81F0-BF6F4644806C.png

Sundews are the secret gnat control, butterworts did a decent job for me, and pitchers did pretty well, though they're good for the escaped flies and feeders inside of the enclosure.

As for plant pests, I bought ladybugs and parasitic wasps(sounds nasty, but they're harmless and tinnyy). The wasps go in the enclosure. I put a a net around my infected plants in my garage and let the lady bugs go. They wiped the plants clean.

I hate pest bugs... I found 2 tiny mites on my dang pothos plant. No way I can pull it out of the cage either because I have that thing all hooked in.
My first instinct with unwanted plant bugs is fire lol too bad it is not an option.

Sundews are the secret gnat control, butterworts did a decent job for me, and pitchers did pretty well, though they're good for the escaped flies and feeders inside of the enclosure.

As for plant pests, I bought ladybugs and parasitic wasps(sounds nasty, but they're harmless and tinnyy). The wasps go in the enclosure. I put a a net around my infected plants in my garage and let the lady bugs go. They wiped the plants clean.
When I was reading on them I had the thought I find ladybugs to take care of them. I have to read more about these parasitic wasps. As always your bug knowledge comes in handy (y)

Ok so the problem has gotten worse now. The ladybugs did nothing ugh so was a waste of money. I tried the rubbing alcohol nothing. What do I do I need help?!? I don’t want to throw out the plants

Ok so the problem has gotten worse now. The ladybugs did nothing ugh so was a waste of money. I tried the rubbing alcohol nothing. What do I do I need help?!? I don’t want to throw out the plants
Fire???? Watch em burn? Might at least give you satisfaction lol. I have no clue though. This just sucks. The hard thing is what they recommend for a pesticide at the nursery would then make the plants not safe for the chams. This is why I got rid of the umbrella that had a ton of spider mites.

Fire???? Watch em burn? Might at least give you satisfaction lol. I have no clue though. This just sucks. The hard thing is what they recommend for a pesticide at the nursery would then make the plants not safe for the chams. This is why I got rid of the umbrella that had a ton of spider mites.
Girl with my rat problem and the bugs now I’m going crazy. The pothos are soo beautiful to just infested with mealybugs I would hate to have to throw it out but it can’t stay in the house much longer I don’t want my other plants getting infested especially my monstera!!! And hibiscus and honeysuckle lol those are my pride and joy lol

Girl with my rat problem and the bugs now I’m going crazy. The pothos are soo beautiful to just infested with mealybugs I would hate to have to throw it out but it can’t stay in the house much longer I don’t want my other plants getting infested especially my monstera!!! And hibiscus and honeysuckle lol those are my pride and joy lol
I would take it outside... I would not keep it inside. Too much risk. Then Burn it :)

I would take it outside... I would not keep it inside. Too much risk. Then Burn it :)
The rats can have this plants then :(

Do you know if I can submerge the plants in some type of chemical to kill them and not hurt the plant to much or is to to fair gone?

The rats can have this plants then :(

Do you know if I can submerge the plants in some type of chemical to kill them and not hurt the plant to much or is to to fair gone?
I know when I was dealing with the spider mites there were quite a few specific sprays I could use. They advised me to put it outside and saturate then follow the directions for when to retreat and how often.

Back
Top Bottom