Mealworms?

PattyCake

Up till now Archimedes only eats big, fat, juicy gut loaded crickets which he relishes. Every silk worm/hornworm/superworm retailer I see doesn't have worms that are small enough for Ark. The only other thing he can probably fit in his mouth are these mealworms from the local petshop. How often should I give him these?

Thanks!

I wouldn't feed them to your Cham too often, but its ok to throw them in there every once in a awhile. They are very fattening.

Agreed. A max would probably be a few once a week. :p

Remember that the feeder can be as wide as the width between their eyes, and a bit longer than their head.

Have you tried greatlakeshornworm.com for hornworms? I think all of his start tiny with enough food to grow them. This is who I go with. He's local to me, great guy.

Are you able to get superworms, at least? They have more meat than mealworms, so he's not just eating shell. Mine love superworms, and love getting a few throughout the week.

Mealworms

My chameleon loves mealworms, but it's not good to feed them to your Cham everyday, like said before, mealworms are used for fattening and their exoskeletons are really hard for chams to digest. My local petco sells Calciworms and Enzo seems to love them. He usually loves his crickets but as a treat I recommend maybe two mealworms and some Calciworms. They are small enough for your Cham I would say. Enzo is three months old.
Hope this helps! :)

Phoenix worms are also fantastic and are the highest in Calcium and you can get them in very small sizes and the max size is about 1"

Are you able to get superworms, at least? They have more meat than mealworms, so he's not just eating shell. Mine love superworms, and love getting a few throughout the week.

The only place I can get superworms from is the local Petsmart, but I don't trust them. How would I be able to tell the difference between mealworms and superworms?

Thanks for the mealworm info guys!:D

Back
Top Bottom