Mbd??

hasek, do not start to tell lies again! me and my father are not 15 yo, other keepers ar all older than you, many of them are on this forum where you came to hunt us, thay can all comfirm your solely veggies diet!

Kian,

If he came to this forum to hurt you, why are you the one creating fights from nothing and throwing around insults everywhere? Hasek has been very behaved, even with your attacks. No one here would condone 100% veggie diets but Hasek has made no mention of any of that. From the photo, I don't see clear signs of dehydration or MBD (Hasek, can you provide a couple more photos from different angles so I can see the limbs and eyes better?). It really seems that you're the one trying to spill an argument over from another forum.

Chris

Chill out

Wow, there is a lot of bitterness in this thread,a little philosophical: Does one really find it nessessary to justify and defend ones self to a computer world full of virtual people who are anonymous, over confident and whom you will probably never meet? This is a place to bounce information off each other and every one should already have the knowledge that information on the internet is mostly incorrect. If someone wrong correct them. We don't need to be pet bashing, or language bashing. Some of us speak multitude of languages and are not exactly linguists in any of them so give is a break when the English we write can be interpreted a thousand ways.:rolleyes:

Chris here is another photo, I'll make some more tomorow.

dscn5090svau.jpg

My chameleon gets veggies daily or on couple of days, but definitly not as primary food.

He looks great to me too.
No visible signs of dehydration or MBD.
I'm curious, what led you to think he might have MBD?

-Brad

his veil looks stunted maybe.im not a expert . look at my veiled sonic ,his veil is different it looks like how its supposed to look.

Last edited:
The veil on a male can range from 2 to 4 inches depending on the cham.
A better indication of MBD would be if the casque feels soft or rubbery rather than it's overall height.

-Brad

I would just add on that it is perfectly normal for a veiled's casque to have a dent or dip in it.

Mellany...You said..."Wow, there is a lot of bitterness in this thread,a little philosophical: Does one really find it nessessary to justify and defend ones self to a computer world full of virtual people who are anonymous, over confident and whom you will probably never meet? This is a place to bounce information off each other and every one should already have the knowledge that information on the internet is mostly incorrect"...if that is the case and you assume that most information is incorrect, what is the point of even posting here? If we just allow information to be posted and nobody questions it, then how does anyone know what is right or wrong? It just like the example of the paper that came out saying that if you didn't mate your veiled female when she reached sexual maturity that she would die eggbound. I don't recall anyone refuting it when it first came out and maybe if they had/could have, that fallacy wouldn't still be around today.

You said..."If someone wrong correct them"...to determine what is right or wrong, sometimes it is necessary to ask where the information came from and to ask for the person to validate it....which is part of what was going on here.

You said..."We don't need to be pet bashing, or language bashing. Some of us speak multitude of languages and are not exactly linguists in any of them so give is a break when the English we write can be interpreted a thousand ways"..the bashing is not necessary and neither are the comments about the language. There are people from all different counties here...and if there is some doubt about what the person says due to the language barrier, asking for clarification is IMHO the best solution. Bashing is not necessary IMHO...it defeats the learning and the discussion.

no one wants to admit they did wrong or did something wrong because they see it as a sign of weakness.and it might not be something really wrong.
like when i almost fried fireball that was all on me.i almost killed her on the 2-3 day, but she was clinging on to life ,still amongst the living now.and lucky getting egg bind . because i just started learning chameleon stuff 1 year ago.

the thing is you know if you did something wrong,you know for a fact if was because of you now a chameleon is sick or burning up in agonizing pain that you caused it ,that you instigated the situation and its your fault.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't see positive evidence from those pictures of MBD.
Perhaps he had it but from those pics I see normal bones and fat and muscle.
The legs appear straight to me.
-Brad

Hasek,

Was your chameleon, in fact, diagnosed with MBD?
and if so was the diagnosis made by a vet?

-Brad

Last edited:
I never took him to a vet, because in my opinion there were no signs of illnes. As you figured out, beni has never saw my cham in person, he is only judging by photos. I think he has a grudge against me.

Thanks for the comments, it was nice to hear someone elses opinion.

All I see in those photos is muscle form and shape. The photos you've used as a reference are younger animals with less muscle definition due to their age and size. If you look at large chameleons like a big adult parsonii, you'll see the same limb shape as Hasek's photos and this is a result of their muscle tone. I do not see any evidence for MBD in this animal. If the limbs are misshapen, it is very slight and not evident in the photos. The casque is well formed, the jaws are perfect and the spine is shaped correctly. Looks like a healthy animal to me.

Chris

I agree with Chris 100%.

If you look back at my earlier comment that is why I said he was muscley.

Back
Top Bottom