MBD Update

CaptainMorgantown

Hey everyone,

I haven't posted in a few weeks, so I thought I would just give a quick update on Jojo.

She now has more control over her legs and is getting really good at "walking". She can't exactly walk, more like a hybrid of walking and crawling. She can lift herself up on her back legs, but her front ones are still really weak. However, she has started to climb up the branch I have for her in her temporary tank, which was a major spirit lifter for me when I saw her up there. I also bought her a lizard hammock which has become her new favorite spot to lay. Her appetite has not improved very much but she is gaining a bit of weight from the Carnivore Care. Also, the last time she defecated, everything was digested and looked normal. Her tail reflex is also back, and she has quite a strong grip with it when it gets wrapped around something.

Her permeant tank is almost done, I was going to move her in it on Christmas day. I haven't taken any pictures of it yet, but its about three feet tall and two feet wide, all screen except for the bottom, of course. I do have two pictures of her on her branch. The first one is from about four days ago right before I put her to bed, and the second one is from two days later.

Attachments

• mojo.jpg
    mojo.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 166
  • jojojo.jpg
    jojojo.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 173
It is great to know that there are people so dedicated to the wellbeing of their animals! I hope your Jojo will recover well!

Bless her little heart and you too! That is encouraging to see she climbed up on the branch! I hope she continues to improve. Keep up the good work!

Hey everyone!

I just had a quick question/update about my little girl. I built her a screen cage about a month ago, but I was not happy with it so I went out last week and bought her a Zoo Med Reptibreeze size small cage. Her usual color is a pale green/turquoise, but every time she is in the cage she turns very very dark green, almost black. I don't think that she is gravid because she just had eggs not long ago. Whenever I take her out of the cage and let her walk around and watch TV (she is obsessed) she turns her usual light colors and I feel like she is just happier. Could her new cage be upsetting her or scaring her even?

She probably just does not like being caged! My cham is always dark in his cage. As soon as I get him out he brightens up!! I always look at it as kinda a depression so to speak...

Great news! Jojo has started her first shed! I came home after class and her back half is peeling. Now if she would only start eating on her own :rolleyes:

I'll be posting pics later today.

Back
Top Bottom