MBD Cham food

You need to be careful of the supplements with vitamin D3 in. D3 from supplements can lead to an overdose and worsen the MBD.
(You also have to watch any supplements with prEformed vitamin A in.)

dust 2 times a month (once every two weeks) with calcium/D3 powder and the rest of the time without d3 in the calcium and keep him warmer during the day but not over 85 and room temp at night.

Also thicker branches for griping and be careful as they can fall easily with MBD ... with the right care they will go back to almost normal... and its gross but you can cut the bugs in half to make it easier for him.

Silkworms are nice and squishy. Wax worms aren’t a great staple feeder as they are so fatty. While some veileds will eat greens, fruits and veggies, they really aren’t able to digest them and I doubt would be able to get any nutrition from them. Save those for gutloading.
Maybe this will help. You could let the waxworms and bsfl pupate and become flies for a nice little flying treat. Might help stimulate him to try shooting his tongue a little farther.
View attachment 277148View attachment 277149

@MissSkittles brilliant advice!!​

Please post some recent photos of him so we can see all of him and give us an update on his progress.
Im sorry, but he passed away on the 27th of January. He was doing so well and I’m not sure what had gone wrong. But I had changed his diet and vitamin supplements and got him that cage he needed. I tried, I really did for my little boy. The day he passed, I had school and knew that he was not going to make it very much longer. I ended up putting him in a hospital tank because I really didn’t want him to fall. I had ended up going to school that day and skipping drill(ROTC stuff)after school just to make sure he was okay, but he had passed away by the time I got there. It’s a painful story, but I really appreciate all of the advice you guys have given me, I took all of it that I could.
After he passed, I took a little break from the forum, I couldn’t really think about chameleons without thinking of him. I’m trying to be more active on here though, to learn as much as I can.

Im sorry, but he passed away on the 27th of January. He was doing so well and I’m not sure what had gone wrong. But I had changed his diet and vitamin supplements and got him that cage he needed. I tried, I really did for my little boy. The day he passed, I had school and knew that he was not going to make it very much longer. I ended up putting him in a hospital tank because I really didn’t want him to fall. I had ended up going to school that day and skipping drill(ROTC stuff)after school just to make sure he was okay, but he had passed away by the time I got there. It’s a painful story, but I really appreciate all of the advice you guys have given me, I took all of it that I could. I’m sorry
So sorry. That’s very hard

Im sorry, but he passed away on the 27th of January. He was doing so well and I’m not sure what had gone wrong. But I had changed his diet and vitamin supplements and got him that cage he needed. I tried, I really did for my little boy. The day he passed, I had school and knew that he was not going to make it very much longer. I ended up putting him in a hospital tank because I really didn’t want him to fall. I had ended up going to school that day and skipping drill(ROTC stuff)after school just to make sure he was okay, but he had passed away by the time I got there. It’s a painful story, but I really appreciate all of the advice you guys have given me, I took all of it that I could.
After he passed, I took a little break from the forum, I couldn’t really think about chameleons without thinking of him. I’m trying to be more active on here though, to learn as much as I can.
I’m so sorry that he didn’t make it. 😢 Keep him in your heart.

So sorry for your loss. I'm glad you attempted to help him. Petco often times has unhealthy chams to begin with and the employees don't really know the proper chamemelon education to set up their customers for success. Very sad, but don't be too hard on yourself. You did what you could, and you have great support from your parents. 👍🏼 Good job for getting out there and doing your researching and correcting your mistakes. 😊

Back
Top Bottom