Mazuri better bug diet

Their info sheet says not to use it in breeding/raising, only gutload. I wonder why? Do you feed crickets? It says it was formulated to balance out their calcium/phosphorus ratio. I’ve seen it around but no experience, sorry pal.

I’m not sure about the fish meal , and chicken meal. Probably wouldn’t trust some of the other ingredients either.

it also has high vitamin a

Their info sheet says not to use it in breeding/raising, only gutload. I wonder why? Do you feed crickets? It says it was formulated to balance out their calcium/phosphorus ratio. I’ve seen it around but no experience, sorry pal.
Vet said it’s because there is not enough nutrients to allow a colony to thrive. He did bring that up in our discussion

If there is not enough nutrients to raise the colony, then how is there enough for gutloading?? Strange.

If there is not enough nutrients to raise the colony, then how is there enough for gutloading?? Strange.
I know you made this comment a while ago but I wanted to answer this question.

It’s not that the diet doesn’t have enough nutrients, the problem is that it has too much calcium for maintenance. The calcium is small enough in size to force the cricket to eat it in order to reach the proteins and fats. The calcium content in the crickets increases within 48 hours but after that the calcium typically won’t increase any further and probably decrease. After... 92 hours I think? The diet will begin to kill the crickets off due to calcium overdose.

So Mazuri better bug is not meant for maintaining healthy feeders, it’s for force feeding feeders enough calcium so then their calcium to phosphorus ratio is altered to 1:1.

87978063794c7173069ac6576a639ddb.jpg

@JoXie411 it doesn't list the amount of D3 in it so there's no way to know how much more will be needed...there's no way to tell if the D3 and vitamin A are in balance that I can see. Just my 2 cents worth.

That sounds off to me from what is usually advised for a chameleon.
What’s usually advised for a chameleon? I didn’t know there was a guideline for how much vitamin D3 should be in a gutloading diet specifically for chameleons. T-Rex calcium plus has 2,000 IU/kg of vitamin D and 28,000 IU/kg of vitamin A.

Attachments

• 6D902A53-2A42-45CD-930B-6CF54CF54D9A.jpeg
    6D902A53-2A42-45CD-930B-6CF54CF54D9A.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom