Maybe we should all eat silkworms?

I have not eaten meat going on 40 years now, or seafood. I am vegetarian, get my protein & vitamins from vegetables & beans. It was no struggle to give up & I cannot remember what meat tastes like. I am 75 years old & have a Full Blood Test once a year, everything O.K. Go to my Doctor for a Vit. B12 injection every 3 months. I went in May & Doc. always looks at my File Records. I felt so good when she told me I am very healthy for a 75 year old. Very interesting to hear if any of you Chameleon lovers are Vegetarian?

It'a good to see a vegetarian(or vegan?) doing it correctly. Too often you see people go vegan or vegetarian and they are malnourished. Personally, idt I could do it. I try for at least 200g of protein a day and that would be difficult, though they do have good vegan proteins. I just enjoy meat too! My day doesn't feel complete until I've eaten something that had a mother.

Speaking of silkworms, another one is mulberry leaves. They have compounds that are said to help diabetes by reducing blood sugar.... or something like that.
Many of us with neurological issues are aware of—and take—(stabilized) R-Lipoic Acid.
What some do not know is that RLA can also lower blood sugar, have a lesser effect on inflammation, and is a very powerful/versatile antioxidant.

People say curcumin helps replace anti inflammatories, but IME nothing is as powerful as naproxen
If you can take it. Not everyone can tolerate pharmacological or herbal anti-inflammatories.

Many of us with neurological issues are aware of—and take—(stabilized) R-Lipoic Acid.
What some do not know is that RLA can also lower blood sugar, have a lesser effect on inflammation, and is a very powerful/versatile antioxidant.

If you can take it. Not everyone can tolerate pharmacological or herbal anti-inflammatories.

Oh yes I agree, I know a few people that have had trouble with these. I believe turmeric can be hard on the kidneys too, if I remember right. I was just saying, if you're used to taking naproxen, short of straight up narcotic painkillers, it'd be hard to replace them with something equally as powerful.

Oh yes I agree, I know a few people that have had trouble with these.
Now you know another.

I believe turmeric can be hard on the kidneys too, if I remember right. I was just saying, if you're used to taking naproxen, short of straight up narcotic painkillers, it'd be hard to replace them with something equally as powerful.
Those are really two different classes of drugs, but I would mention cannabis/cannabinoids (where legal) as a third option for either/both inflammation and/or pain.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828614/

I was just saying, if you're used to taking naproxen, short of straight up narcotic painkillers, it'd be hard to replace them with something equally as powerful.
Well that’s not very encouraging. The strongest pain med I can take without itching or feeling terrible is Tramadol. While at my job I give out Morphine and other strong meds like it’s candy.

Now you know another.

Those are really two different classes of drugs, but I would mention cannabis/cannabinoids (where legal) as a third option for either/both inflammation and/or pain.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828614/
Yeah, as a 29 year old with 3 surgeries and many injuries, I've had my fair share of medications lol. I know a couple people that use cannabis for pain, but I never thought it helped. Narcotic painkillers are good for helping you ignore the pain, but obviously have the addictive issues. Anti inflammatories like naproxen usually work the best for me, but I know they can be hard on the stomache.

Well that’s not very encouraging. The strongest pain med I can take without itching or feeling terrible is Tramadol. While at my job I give out Morphine and other strong meds like it’s candy.

You're in FL, one of the painkiller capitals of the world heh. I'm sure you give them out a lot!

Geesh...now I have to look up R-Lipoic Acid....tramadol...naproxen... 🙁

@jamest0o0 said..."Yeah, as a 29 year old with 3 surgeries and many injuries, I've had my fair share of medications lol"...you've been through a lot.

@Ruchris said..."Go to my Doctor for a Vit. B12 injection every 3 months"...why injections? Why not oral?
I had to get injections for a while and I'm not vegetarian. Then I found out I could use sublingual tablets instead.

Last edited:
Oh wow, forgot about the buggalo!

Speaking of silkworms, another one is mulberry leaves. They have compounds that are said to help diabetes by reducing blood sugar.... or something like that. Now people take them as a weightloss supplement... not that these things don't have uses, but it's easy to overlook the word *supplement* and take it as a miracle cure.
There are many recipes which call for mulberry leaves. Ppl make tea from the leaves too. I heard that 'unripe ' leaves can make you hallucinate. (I think its the young leaves). Was going to try a recipe now that I have an endless supply of leaves.

There are many recipes which call for mulberry leaves. Ppl make tea from the leaves too. I heard that 'unripe ' leaves can make you hallucinate. (I think its the young leaves). Was going to try a recipe now that I have an endless supply of leaves.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210607-100914_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210607-100914_Chrome.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 57
I've played a bunch of sports, but what got me injured a few times was my few year MMA hobby lol(boxing, muay thai, wrestling, and a little jujitsu)
What the hell?!?! That's super impressive and has always been of interest to me--especially Muay Thai and Jujitsu. They seem really cool and could probably have some application in real life if running from an altercation isn't an option. The only sport I played was competitive soccer for 14 years.

What the hell?!?! That's super impressive and has always been of interest to me--especially Muay Thai and Jujitsu. They seem really cool and could probably have some application in real life if running from an altercation isn't an option. The only sport I played was competitive soccer for 14 years.
Yeah that's a big reason I got into them. I like self defense, valuable skills IMO. I always had an interest, we used to put on boxing gloves and punch each other, but didn't have a clue what to actually do. So I finally decided to get into it and loved it.

Soccer is one I never played much of, but i bet you could translate the kicking over to muay thai?!

Back
Top Bottom