Maybe we should all eat silkworms?

Yeah that's a big reason I got into them. I like self defense, valuable skills IMO. I always had an interest, we used to put on boxing gloves and punch each other, but didn't have a clue what to actually do. So I finally decided to get into it and loved it.

Soccer is one I never played much of, but i bet you could translate the kicking over to muay thai?!
That's awesome haha!

I think I will have to look into Muy Thai now lol. You've got me interested. I think I would have to stretch a lot before throwing a kick, my flexibility has severely decreased after I stopped playing soccer. Definitely had my fair share of pulled muscles. Though I continue to work out in my garage with dumbbells and a squat rack.

That's awesome haha!

I think I will have to look into Muy Thai now lol. You've got me interested. I think I would have to stretch a lot before throwing a kick, my flexibility has severely decreased after I stopped playing soccer. Definitely had my fair share of pulled muscles. Though I continue to work out in my garage with dumbbells and a squat rack.
Yeah, look into it for sure! Stretching is a big thing so you can get the height on your kicks.

Yeah, as a 29 year old with 3 surgeries and many injuries, I've had my fair share of medications lol. I know a couple people that use cannabis for pain, but I never thought it helped. Narcotic painkillers are good for helping you ignore the pain, but obviously have the addictive issues. Anti inflammatories like naproxen usually work the best for me, but I know they can be hard on the stomache.
James you must use Cannabis Oil for pain. There are different strengths too. You cannot get addicted to it & being Herbal it has no chemicals in it. Anti-Inflammatories just give you additional health problems & you don't need that.

Geesh...now I have to look up R-Lipoic Acid....tramadol...naproxen... 🙁

@jamest0o0 said..."Yeah, as a 29 year old with 3 surgeries and many injuries, I've had my fair share of medications lol"...you've been through a lot.

@Ruchris said..."Go to my Doctor for a Vit. B12 injection every 3 months"...why injections? Why not oral?
I had to get injections for a while and I'm not vegetarian. Then I found out I could use sublingual tablets instead.
Vit. B12 taken orally just goes straight to your digestive system & gets flushed out.

James you must use Cannabis Oil for pain. There are different strengths too. You cannot get addicted to it & being Herbal it has no chemicals in it. Anti-Inflammatories just give you additional health problems & you don't need that.
I rarely take anything for pain, just in case of emergency. Lately I've had this neck issue causing headaches, just got blood drawn to see if it's lymes disease again

That is not necessarily accurate. Read labels carefully, and be mindful of weasel words.

"Herbal" ≠ "Safe". CBD oils are not currently regulated by the FDA (in the US) as are prescription and OTC medications.
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consu...bout-products-containing-cannabis-or-cannabis

CBD is thought to have the potential to interact with some drugs commonly taken by people with arthritis. Talk to your doctor before trying CBD if you take any of the following: corticosteroids (such as prednisone), tofacitinib (Xeljanz), naproxen (Aleve), celecoxib (Celebrex), tramadol (Ultram), certain antidepressants, including amitriptyline (Elavil), citalopram (Celexa), fluoxetine (Prozac), mirtazapine (Remeron), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft), and certain medications for fibromyalgia, including gabapentin (Neurontin) and pregabalin (Lyrica).
https://www.arthritis.org/health-we.../pain-relief-solutions/cbd-for-arthritis-pain

Vit. B12 taken orally just goes straight to your digestive system & gets flushed out.
This isn't necessarily true either, which is why I specifically mentioned methylcobalamin in lieu of cyanocobalamin. Methylcobalamin is taken sublingually, where—when taken according to directions—a substantial amount is absorbed directly.

With many vitamins & other supplements, how a thing is taken can be as important as whether it's taken, e.g. before with, or after food, swallowed or sublingual, with/without water or other liquid, alone or with another supplement, etc., etc.

Also of importance (for some) is the form of the vitamin/supplement, e.g. methylcobalamin vs. cyanocobalamin, RLA vs. ALA, ascorbic acid (Vit. C) vs. calcium ascorbate (Ester-C), etc.

Not so...as I said, the sublingual form of B12 bypasses your digestive system and therefore doesn't need the intrinsic factor (carrier) to be absorbed in the digestive system.

"It turns out that the spot under your tongue is sort of like a trap door. When you put a medication under your tongue, it goes straight into the bloodstream, bypassing digestive juices and the liver’s filtration system"...
https://www.getroman.com/health-guide/sublingual-b12/

Be aware though that you should not do this with other medications.

https://exoprotein.com/blogs/nutrition/cricket-flour

I definitely think that eating insects will be what everyone eats in the future. Think about it. Instead of taking up so much horizontal space on the ground for livestock, you could have a skyscraper or a bunker in the ground where you have crickets, or other insects, crammed together in dark spaces in which they don't mind at all (and actually prefer). We could ethically raise complete proteins in mass quantities in dark spaces. What is often considered unethical for livestock such as cows and pigs is a dream come true for crickets.

But back to your topic, I think eating silkworms would definitely be interesting to slurp down. I'm not a fan of eating bugs, but I could see them grounded into a paste or something. I wonder if they release tons of greenhouse gases?

I must admit, I haven't read the articles you posted yet (but I do plan to). The topic of eating bugs is definitely an interesting one, so I thought I'd respond to your post before getting frozen yogurt with my family 😁
I had fried crickets in Oaxaca, Mexico. NASTY
cricket chips, NASTY lol

Everything is made of chemicals; the usual active chemical in cannabis oil is CBD (cannabidiol) and likely low levels of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), assuming it's low or non refined. Herbal does not mean safe either; you can easily kill yourself if you take the wrong things together (Hypericum and Ginko), or too much of some things (valerian, borage... Even parsley can cause miscarriages or death if you eat a decent amount)

I am worried, I don't want Parsley to cause my death. I have Parsley growing in my garden & I chop the tops off & mix it with my Pasta Cheese Sauce once a week. Then I make a Spinach & Potato Quiche & sprinkle Parsley on top. I eat this twice a week. Am I eating too much Parsley?

I am worried, I don't want Parsley to cause my death. I have Parsley growing in my garden & I chop the tops off & mix it with my Pasta Cheese Sauce once a week. Then I make a Spinach & Potato Quiche & sprinkle Parsley on top. I eat this twice a week. Am I eating too much Parsley?
This study (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3637085/) found that toxic effects began at a daily dose of about 100mg/kg of bodyweight. So assuming you weigh around 150lbs, you should eat less than 2.5 oz of parsley a day. You're probably fine; I was using that as an example because it's something most people know and probably use often. My point is that even things that are good for you can be overdone (See toxicity of fat soluble vitamins like A, D, or K; hallucinogenic and toxic effects of nutmeg, etc.) and that just because something is 'herbal' or 'natural' does not make it inherently safe

Parsley.jpg

Back
Top Bottom