maybe gravid melleri female with gular oedema

Mawtyplant

Chameleon Enthusiast
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon -
  • The species : Melleri
  • sex : confirmed female (infertile cluch last year)
  • and age of your chameleon : minimum 4 years Max probably 7 .
  • How long has it been in your care? 3 years
  • Extra info : obviously this is a WC, weight is 576 grams (usually around 550g and when super gravid a bit more than 700g)

• Handling - never except to check the weight (1 time every two week or every month max.. look at the nails.. only crazy people manipulate theses monsters :p )
  • Feeding - Crickets are the 1st feeder, gut loaded with superload and vegetable and occasionally yolk 3 time a week about 10-15
  • Supplements - vitamin A (from the drugstore) preformed 1/2 pills a month, calcium 1 every 2 week dusted on the feeders (same than last years and the eggs was super well calcified so I keep the low dusting)
  • Watering - I hand mist twice a day, she is drinking from the bottle (simulate rain water) 10 min at the morning and 10 minutes at 5-7 pm (before bed time)
  • Fecal Description - white + 1 up to 4 ovale brown digested compacted feeders soaked in kind of a transparent fluid, parasites tests ares performed every 6 month, last 2 checkup are negative so she is clean now. In the past she got several different parasites (nyctotherus, protozoaires, pinworms and one "what the *$& is this ?! parasite)
  • History - first cluch of eggs last year (106 eggs.. way to much.. so she is following a restrictive diet till last year.. I think she was a bit overweighted)

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - free ranged, 80% natural plants tree, fan for wind, branches to climb etc about.. humm 8m squared of space
  • Lighting - winter : 2 powers sun 160w ans 1 hallogene large spectrum (heat at 29-30 degree) + 3 sunray (1 50w and 2x70w) + 2 reptile vision 26w
  • Temperature - ambiant = 20-24 and basking (got 3 spots) are : 1st = 32 2nd =28 and 3rd 30. Temperature at night are between 14 degree Celsius (winter) and 25 (summer)
  • Humidity - between 40% and 70%, I use reptifooger and humidifier with 2 hygrometer the reptifooger working during the night so they are close to the "sleeping spot" (she always sleep at the same spot.. 95% of the time)
  • Plants - live plant.. ok.. due to the large place this is way too long too get you the list.. I got about 35 different plants here but I assure you nothing is toxic)
  • Placement - this is a room
  • Location - Montreal, Quebec canada
Additional info : I mesure all my uvb output and all my temperature every month (every week sometime) with infrared temp gun and uvb meter so I know all of this work nice and my uvb output is adequate

Current Problem - I notice, every time my female get gravid she seem to develop a gular oedema.. want to know if some of you got the same problem and how to get rid of it?

here is a picture of the lady, you can notice the small bump at the neck level!

Thank you very much all of you! :)

Attachments

• 32402354_10160300271010433_7565640443011006464_n.jpg
    32402354_10160300271010433_7565640443011006464_n.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom