Maybe a shed problem?

mbist

IMG_3097-1.jpeg
IMG_3099-1.jpeg
IMG_3104.jpeg
IMG_3105.jpeg

So I've noticed some small black spots on Raymond's back that seem to be slightly under his shed. I'm just wondering if maybe you guys have seen this before? I'm not super concerned about it right now, but I don't want it to turn into something worse. I also noticed the tip of his horn is sort of peeling and there's a little stuck shed at the base. I added Arcadia's EarthPro-A to his supplement regime a couple weeks ago to help his shed, and I also just bought some bee pollen that I gave him today. I'll have to wait a bit and see how these new vitamins help him out. In terms of humidity, it's about 40% during the day and gets up to about 80-85% at night. I don't really mist during the day but his dripper is on for about 1-2 hours. His shed still seems to have some issues with it so any advice I would appreciate.

Top of the casque looks very similar to a minor thermal burn... Check your temps at basking. They should be no hotter then 80-82 at the branch below the heat fixture. And you do not want him within inches of the fixture either.
The black spots look like he scratched himself.
Everything else with what your saying is normal. See if the proper supplementation helps.

He is a little heavy though. You can tell in his casque. how much and how often are you feeding? How old is he?

Top of the casque looks very similar to a minor thermal burn... Check your temps at basking. They should be no hotter then 80-82 at the branch below the heat fixture. And you do not want him within inches of the fixture either.
The black spots look like he scratched himself.
Everything else with what your saying is normal. See if the proper supplementation helps.

He is a little heavy though. You can tell in his casque. how much and how often are you feeding? How old is he?
His temps are at about 80 degrees below his fixture, about 73 ambient temp. I have noticed him getting pretty close to the top so maybe I’ll move the branch down a bit. I was actually wondering about his weight as well so funny that you mentioned it. I have had him for a year and a half, and he was a baby so he has to be less than two years. I feed him every other day, sometimes every two days. He eats about 3-5 crickets per feeding. I usually let him eat until he loses interest, so if this is too much I can provide less.

His temps are at about 80 degrees below his fixture, about 73 ambient temp. I have noticed him getting pretty close to the top so maybe I’ll move the branch down a bit. I was actually wondering about his weight as well so funny that you mentioned it. I have had him for a year and a half, and he was a baby so he has to be less than two years. I feed him every other day, sometimes every two days. He eats about 3-5 crickets per feeding. I usually let him eat until he loses interest, so if this is too much I can provide less.
I would cut him back to 2-3 feeders 3 days a week rather then every other day.
The casque looks minor but keep an eye on it. Sometimes they can develop infections below. might use a bit of neosporin on it but the plain kind without any additional pain meds added.

I would cut him back to 2-3 feeders 3 days a week rather then every other day.
The casque looks minor but keep an eye on it. Sometimes they can develop infections below. might use a bit of neosporin on it but the plain kind without any additional pain meds added.
Okay, I will do that. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom