Maximus Inside the Reptile Room

Motherlode Chameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
This is Maximus from inside the Reptile/Aquarium room today. He is putting on weight and is approaching 100 grams. My techniques for sexing Orange Eye White Lip was accurate this time. Maximus is maturing into a juvenile male Calumma parsonii parsonii. He has a huge appetite!

JspTZ8.jpg

PXr4k1.jpg

TuvnHH.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Beautiful!!!!

Thanks much. Maximus is good looking young Calumma parsonii parsonii.

I love their faces! He is a perfect little specimen!

Thanks. Chameleons are percious at this age. Calumma parsonii parsonii are especially spectacular.

Very nice looking young one!

Thanks Kinyonga. Maximus's colors are developing. He at this stage looks as though he is going to have some good blue hues to his mature colors.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

This is Maximus from inside the Reptile/Aquarium room today. He is putting on weight and is approaching 100 grams. My techniques for sexing Orange Eye White Lip was accurate this time. Maximus is maturing into a juvenile male Calumma parsonii parsonii. He has a huge appetite!

JspTZ8.jpg

PXr4k1.jpg

TuvnHH.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

what is your method of sexing young parsons?

He looks so healthy and at peace. Lucky him, and lucky you lol. I love the blues and the yellow coming in on his face, as well as the gray and white contrast on him. Hopefully one day I will be able to have the opportunity to care for one of these magnificent creatures.

There is actually technique variation for sexing young phases or morphs of Calumma parsonii ssp. I would not sex a Yellow Lip and Orange Eye White Lip juvenile Calumma parsonii parsonii the same. Maximus I mostly did the casque shape and vent sexing technique.

He looks so healthy and at peace. Lucky him, and lucky you lol. I love the blues and the yellow coming in on his face, as well as the gray and white contrast on him. Hopefully one day I will be able to have the opportunity to care for one of these magnificent creatures.

Thanks. This is a neat time for a young Calumma parsonii parsonii. They are just starting to become sub adults and they physically are maturing. Maximus's colors are developing and has his roastral blades developing. Calumma parsonii parsonii are spectacular as adults. However they are absolutely precious as youngsters.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Technique to sex juvenile Calumma parsonii ssp. vary from phase/morph. There are more than a couple techniques that are proven. However one good/proven technique may not work for every phase of Calumma parsonii parsonii.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom