Mated but not gravid

chamlover

I have a very healthy female nosy be w/c and a beautiful w/c male nosy be and have mated them on 2 different occasions. I've seen them well you know, and they've done it numerous times over a couple of days. Then she decides no more, and i take her out but still she hasn't laid a clutch. Anybody run into this? I suppose it is possible that some females just can't conceive but have never heard of it before. Even though they were w/c i have had them over 6 mos and both are now showing neg fecals and are both extremely healthy. Any ideas?

Debby

When you say "she decides no more" how is she indicating this... What kind of coloration is showing? Have you tried to introduce them a day or two after mating? It could be that either one of them is just not capable... Has she ever produced an infertile clutch?

It's been months so i'm pretty sure she isn't gravid. I first mated them when i got them. They were together at the show and mating then. That was about 4-5 mos ago. Then about 3 months later i tried again. They mated several times over a 2 day period. When she says "enough" i mean she will either hiss or just go over to another branch and not let him mount her again. I never noticed whether she was showing gravid colors or not. Sometimes it is so hard to see it with these girls. I tried to put her together with him again the other day and they just ignored each other. I think i will try 1 more time and then perhaps try another girl. He is just too gorgeous not to have babies.

th_100_0763.jpg
th_100_0733.jpg

Back
Top Bottom