Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Photo Contest
:D March 2006
:D
view entries

Win A Gift Certificate To: ... you choose :cool:

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places. If they prefer, overseas winners may choose a $40 Amazon gift certificate.

Among the companies listed above are chameleon breeders, a silkworm feeder source, and a reptile supply store. lllreptile sells the tempgun. A special note about Coastal Silkworms: a gift certificate to this company can also be used at Chameleon Paradise.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: March 17, 2006
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/photo-contest-rules.102/.
The contest rules have recently been updated.

dates
entry deadline: March 17
voting: March 17 - March 31
voting by judges: March 31
contest results will be announced on April 1 2006

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Last edited:
Good, because last time I entered a photo it wasn't quite as good as what I intended to submit. Since then I have taken two gorgeous photos of my Ollie. I wasn't sure which one to enter so I hope I have made the correct choice!

EDIT: Help Brad, I couldn't upload my photo to the correct section, it is now under member galleries!!!

Last edited:
Wow! Brad rocks hehe! I am gonna try in this one, but you guys all have way more beautiful chams :p

Chamgirl: I moved your photo to the contest. It turned out that I had not completely opened the contest to uploads. Everything should be working now.

First Contest-

Wow, you all have such GORGEOUS chams! I just entered my panther, Cobalt into the contest, as this is my first one. :D

Drake-

Wow, thanks so much! :) Your little veiled is so cute, I wish I had a baby chameleon again...I bet you can't wait until he's an adult, huh? Are you going to enter him into the contest?

Watch out, Ive uploaded a picture of a chameleon that ISNT a panther! Its one of my favorite pictures that Ive taken:D

Lol, thats a Nice cham Jonathan! :D Definitly gonna be a hard contest to judge as usualy! Not worth entering one of my little Veileds hehe :p

Michele- You have amazing chams. Just look at the blues in your male panther. I really like your veiled to, it reminds me of my own.

Chamgirl- You also have a beautiful cham- very unique coloratiom, love the oranges!

Gregory said:
Michele- You have amazing chams. Just look at the blues in your male panther. I really like your veiled to, it reminds me of my own.

Chamgirl- You also have a beautiful cham- very unique coloratiom, love the oranges!
Thank you Gregory:) My pink panther is from Ankaramy, Madagascar. These ones are unique in that they have different shaped heads (more pointed) to other panther locales. They are also more rare and difficult to breed than the other panthers. I think they are exquisite. (Prism chameleons from here breeds them)

Last edited:
Thanks!

Gregory said:

Thanks so much, Gregory! The pic I entered was MUCH clearer, and the edges more defined, but I had to lower the mega-pixels because for some odd reason it wouldn't fit. :confused:

Yeah, you do have very stunning chameleons chamgirl! That Ollie of yours is spectacular, I have never seen so much pink in an Ankramy!

The pic I entered was MUCH clearer, and the edges more defined, but I had to lower the mega-pixels because for some odd reason it wouldn't fit.
Do you mean the contest gallery would not accept your photo? How big was it? I may need to tweak the settings a little.

Brad-

When I submitted it, the page said there was an error. I fidgeted around with the photo's size and mega-pixels (I didn't alter anything else besides that, I don't even know how to :D) After I resized the photo, It was accepted.

The problem is that it's SO blurry now, and I wish there was some way I could Sharpen the photo's quality. Hahaha...I'm so technologically impaired. :)

A bug may have been introduced in some recent updates. Can you email me the photo? I will get this fixed.
profile link

Also, members can edit or remove their contest entries anytime before the entry deadline. If anyone else receives an error when trying to upload contest photos please let me know.

Last edited:
Chamcham505 said:
Thanks so much, Gregory! The pic I entered was MUCH clearer, and the edges more defined, but I had to lower the mega-pixels because for some odd reason it wouldn't fit. :confused:

Yeah, you do have very stunning chameleons chamgirl! That Ollie of yours is spectacular, I have never seen so much pink in an Ankramy!
Thank you for your kind words about my Ollie! I have wanted an Ankaramy panther for the longest time so am delighted with him.
BTW your blue panther is very beautiful, I want a Nosy Be panther next:)

I was wondering why my image was a little blurry but I noticed that I could double click on it again and have it even bigger...the details really come out.

Double click people, theres a bigger and better image coming to you if you do!

Back
Top Bottom