• Votes: 10 29.4%

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Votes: 1 2.9%

• Votes: 4 11.8%

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All I can say is wow!...the entries so far are amazing...I think this will be one of the most competitive contests so far (not to take anything away from any of the previous contests)...many different species represented already...

Drake: it can't hurt to enter the contest...lol...but I can understand as there are so many great pics entered already...I suppose I could try entering ambilobe Ra again (community is probably bored of him) but I find it so difficult to take a good picture (I always have lighting problems, focus problems, obstacles obstructing the view, problems capturing the entire cham, etc...lol...I need to browse the threads on the "general photography" section I think)

So, finally my first input to a contest.

I hope you like the little one.

There are indeed many nice pictures this time.

cool little ribbons

Everyones submitted some awsome pics so far. Keep em coming. I love these contests. It really sets off that competative nature in me......To bad I'm one of the worst photographers on the planet. LOL.
I just want one of those cool little ribbons under my name!!! haha

I agree...

The chameleon pics posted so far are amazing! 2by2, you have one heck of a chameleon! I have never seen such an array of radically different and vibrant colors on a cham like that! Keep the pics commin' people! :)

Greg

I love all the photos! They are all fantastic. Keep them coming guys! And Lisa... I'm so glad that your Ankaramy, Ollie, is looking so wonderful... you've done a great job with him! I just love the pink panthers... :p

...Prism Chameleons...

Prism Chameleons, I visited your site, and you have some AMAZING panther chameleons. Absolutely gorgeous ambilobes, and ambanja's. Question though: Do wild caught ambanja's have differently shaped heads that CB? My ambanja has a thick, fat head :)D )...and your two males have sleek, narrow heads. Thanks!

Thanks gregory,
Oh how I wish that was my chameleon. I was actually lucky enough to win a trip to Uganda in december of last year with Exo Terra specifically to go study chameleons. It was the trip of a lifetime and I'll never forget it. I took that pic over there. I've never seen a Johnstons here in the states anything like the ones over in Uganda. The colors were just so Vibrant. And they were like that ALL THE TIME!!! That is not a fired up pic. I so wanted to bring some back.....but alas....that would have been illegal and probably landed me in jail. HA.

I was wondering why my image was a little blurry but I noticed that I could double click on it again and have it even bigger...the details really come out.
This is in place to save bandwidth. When a user uploads an image to the gallery, three copies are kept: original, standard view, and thumbnail. I agree though, during contest voting I should stress to people that they should view the original image.

2by2 said:
I just want one of those cool little ribbons under my name!!! haha
:p

Chamcham505 said:
Prism Chameleons, I visited your site, and you have some AMAZING panther chameleons. Absolutely gorgeous ambilobes, and ambanja's. Question though: Do wild caught ambanja's have differently shaped heads that CB? My ambanja has a thick, fat head :)D )...and your two males have sleek, narrow heads. Thanks!

Thanks for the compliment Chamcham! I still have soooo many photos yet to add and so much more I wish to do to the site, but all my panthers take up most of my time (as they should!).

Those wc Ambanja's are HUGE, one actually weighs 177g! Wild caughts tend to grow much bigger than captive born panther chameleons, and my Ambanja's are full grown large males, which is probably the reason you see the difference in the shape of their heads. They look to be between 1 and 2 years old (one possibly a bit older) and obviously have a very good appetite! They are very gentle too... 2 walk right into my hand and another with some slow approaches allows me to pick him up. Very sweet panthers. Two of the females came to me gravid, which should be very interesting to see what colorations they produce as the Sire is in the wild. Mystery is half the fun, but the waiting! Ugh.

I only have had them a few weeks and haven't really been able to obtain good photos of their coloring yet (they need some time to acclimate). All three males have neon turquoise that is just amazing. Of course, they show me their beauty and by the time I run to the camera, they've changed color again :rolleyes: . I keep trying to capture the color with my camera, but have yet to be successful at it.

As soon as I am able to get some good photos that show their amazing colors, I'll get them posted on my site on their breeding page and in my Photo Gallery Flash page.

Your Ambanja is a beauty! Sigh... I never can decide which locale I love more, as they are all so beautiful in their own different ways and colorations.

:D
nosferatu said:
All I can say is wow!...the entries so far are amazing...I think this will be one of the most competitive contests so far (not to take anything away from any of the previous contests)...many different species represented already...

Drake: it can't hurt to enter the contest...lol...but I can understand as there are so many great pics entered already...I suppose I could try entering ambilobe Ra again (community is probably bored of him) but I find it so difficult to take a good picture (I always have lighting problems, focus problems, obstacles obstructing the view, problems capturing the entire cham, etc...lol...I need to browse the threads on the "general photography" section I think)

Lol I am trying to get the perfect shot, but even if I do, theres no way my baby Veiled is gonna compete with all these beautifuls Chams all you entered! :p :D

The poll has been added. Voting will end March 31st at 11:59 PM CST.

A good way to view the pictures is by using the slideshow. Also, I highly recommend viewing the original image when deciding on who to vote for. There are usually three sizes for each image: thumb, standard size, and original size. The original and larger size will usually be more sharp that the others.

There are some really nice photos this month! Good luck to everyone, you're going to need it ;)

Egads! This month's contest is going to be a bear to judge! The pics just get better and better!

Who's pic of the Johnstoni is that? I think I saw the same pic on a website last week from a trip to uganda - I don't remember if it was Exo-terra's site or not. Awesome pic.

Eric Adrignola said:
Who's pic of the Johnstoni is that? I think I saw the same pic on a website last week from a trip to uganda - I don't remember if it was Exo-terra's site or not. Awesome pic.

Eric,
Here is Noah's (2by2) post earlier in this thread that explains the pic...

Thanks gregory,
Oh how I wish that was my chameleon. I was actually lucky enough to win a trip to Uganda in december of last year with Exo Terra specifically to go study chameleons. It was the trip of a lifetime and I'll never forget it. I took that pic over there. I've never seen a Johnstons here in the states anything like the ones over in Uganda. The colors were just so Vibrant. And they were like that ALL THE TIME!!! That is not a fired up pic. I so wanted to bring some back.....but alas....that would have been illegal and probably landed me in jail. HA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noah @ 2by2

Noah,

I so wanted to bring some back.....but alas....that would have been illegal and probably landed me in jail. HA.

Not if you slipped them to me first :D

Off topic, but does anyone know of where I can purchase a Johnstoni? Or are they illegal or...Hmmm I dunno but I think they are beautiful. I would love to have one. Does anyone have any links with some info about them?

Thanks.

First off, I doubt you'll ever find another Johnsonii as gorgeous as the one
2by2 posted. Most don't have so many colors, but if you're lucky, you may be able to find one.

I'm not quite sure, but I think they are legal, but there more of a rarity to find over the internet. Always check the classifieds. Kingsnake classifieds offer alot of different species, and you may be able to locate one. Good luck with your search!

Michele

I figured out how to see who's pic it was. I've seen a johnstoni that was very close to that one. Had the colors, but he was a fresh WC,a nd not in the best shape. I saw him about 2 years ago at the Tampa show, and the guy was going to sell it to me for $40-$50.

If you actually saw one exactly like that....chances are it was from Uganda...and very illegal. Although I think, but am not completely sure that uganda was open to importation a while back. Either way, this guy was living in a national park....I'm not sure what the laws on importation are, but I'm guessing your not allowed to take stuff out of national parks.
There are occasionally shipments of Johnstons that come into the states though. Usually they're from tanzania. The ones I've always seen never even come close to that guy. Most of them have some yellow blotches on a fairly dullish green backround. Some of them dont even have any yellow. Sometimes they look so jackson like...you have to do a double take to make sure they're johnstons. lol.
At any rate....Thanks for all the great responses on that guy. I appreciate every single one of them.

By the way...Jaime.......how much were you offering for one of these guys?? I might just have to go back if the price is right. lol.

Back
Top Bottom