Mantis murder - I hate winter !

little leaf

Avid Member
well, this STINKS in a sad/funny ( not really :mad:- lol) kind of way - my mantis are doing WONDERFUL( well, those that have not been eaten by their siblings :eek: )- they are getting so big , and one was just huge- everyday when I get home from work, I slip on my fuzzy slippers, check on Olive ( the snail sneaker !) and then go feed and water my mantis - my daughter wanted to see "the big one" - so I walked to the cage, and as I raised my finger to point it out on the side of the screen cage ZAP the static from the dry house, in combo with my fuzzy slippers, and the metal screen on the cage made a shock so strong, it made a sound, and the poor mantis flung out his legs, and dropped to the bottom of the cage DEAD - my daughter looked at me and said " Mom, I don't think you better try to touch those again" - so, let this be a lesson- lol
do not touch your cage if you have on fuzzy slippers :eek:

Oh..my word.

Sorry, but that is hysterical! Did it only kill the mondo mantis, or all of them?

Sorry about your loss, but what are the odds of that!

Wow you rescue all those chams, dogs and cats now it turns out you are a mantis killer. That is just wrong.:D

I know - it is funny ( in a sad way- LOL) it only killed the one I was going to point at - but my finger was still like an inch away when the spark got em..

they are Carolina Mantis - the crispy kind :eek::p

Laurie, I know- the funny thing was, I was not sure if I was more mad that I killed it , or that now it is one less for Olive to eat :mad:

Wow! What a shocking event! (Pun intended!)

It is funny but it definitely is also horrifying--I'm sure you were completely horrified when it happened!

I don't think I could feed a cham mantids; I like mantids too much!

Sandy

Back
Top Bottom