Manitoba Reptile Expo

lisa h

Well, it's not Toronto or Vegas, but hey, it's something, and it's been and gone for another year. My husband I were in great form with horrible colds, spreading our cooties to the reptile loving masses, but ... well it was the expo after all LOL. I got a couple of pygmies (brevs). They are pretty young, probably only a few months old, but they looked healthy enough and I need some new blood. There were little wee veileds there, two to a deli cup. :( I'm sure they were too young to sell, but there they were. Lots of lookers, but they were still there when I left. My husband lucked out and got a Chahouan (sp) gecko. Beautiful dark male with silver eyes. What do I know? My husband is the gecko lover of our family lol. There were also 5 Uromastix (sp) there, but Steve chose the gecko. I'm sure he would have come away with one had there not been that particular gecko.

A local vendor is bringing in glass "exoterra like" enclosures that come bigger and taller. Same two door with air flow strip, screen top, etc, but they come up to 45" or 49" high. Can't remember, but I'm pretty excited as that opens up some of the larger species to me. Also, the exoterra rep was there, and they now have a 34"x18"x34" (wxdxh) enclosure that Steve thinks would make an excellent pygmy enclosure. Yes, I am a pyggie addict, and I'm not ashamed to admit it LOL. I didn't realize he was as bad as I am. As long as he doesn't have to deal with insects, his world is good.

So, that's the show update. A total of 6 chameleons there, 2 of them scooped up by me. $30 well spent. I won't even say what that crazy looking gecko cost. Oy!

Back
Top Bottom