mango's vet vist...

andresaveiro

I took mango today to the vet. I have noticed he has a weak grip, and yesterday I caught him sleeping like at 5pm (3 hours before lights go off). The doctor didn't seem that much knowledgeable of chameleons, she asked "This is a panther chameleon right?", she did know proper husbandry for chameleons. They ran a blood test on mango, and they found out that his phosphorus levels are higher than his calcium levels, I have read this can lead to kidney failure.

I got a medicine that reads, Alum Hydr (aluminum hydrate) 0.08 orally 2 a day. Has anyone used this before???
Any advices are greatly appreciated.

Andres

I have never used that before, but what is your supplement schedule like and what do you gutload your feeders with?

Calcium three times a week herptiv. once a month, calcium with d3 once a month. I gutload crix with cricket crack, and 2 commercial gut loads, apples, grapes.

This morning he wouldn't move from his sleeping spot. When the lights went on, he usually used to roam around the cage, now he just wakes up and stays in the same spot, the area he sleeps in is on the cooler side... Like 60s.

Any thoughts anyone?

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? panther
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? lately a lot since i have to give him his medicine
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? crickets What amount? 8 to 10 a day. What is the schedule? mornings How are you gut-loading your feeders? cricket crack, orange wedges, apples, yams.
* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? look at thread.
* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? spraying How often and how long to you mist? 2 or 3 times a day, i have a dripper all day long, 1 minute mistings Do you see your chameleon drinking? yes
* Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? white with a little orange on top, the urine part was actually runny 3 days ago. Poop is brown and looks fine, a little slimmy though,
* History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. he has always been healthy

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 2'x2'x4
* Lighting - basking bulb 75w, UVB tube. What brand,the ones with the screameleons package, they are good though. What is your daily lighting schedule? 730 7 30pm
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? 81 basking, 6o at the lowest on the bottom Lowest overnight temp?60 How do you measure these temps? electronic temp reader
* Humidity - What are your humidity levels? 40 45How are you creating and maintaining these levels? sprying What do you use to measure humidity? humidity reader
* Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? 2 5' tall ficuses and a photos hanging from the top
* Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? no At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? 6'
* Location - Where are you geographically located? US Minnesota...

Back
Top Bottom