Man arrested on charges of purchasing 500 illegal exotic roaches online

LOL florida is scared of the roaches taking over and the world being run by giant roach people hahaha. Probly gunna happen anyways after all them people polluting so much and what is sure to come, more radioactive waste getting spread around *cough* japan*cough* that only the roaches and maybe some other bacteria or insects can survive. All they need is a few million years of evolving and BAM some future roach man gets busted for importing people to feed its pets :)

Big DOH for this guy.

Why would you alter such an obviously fake permit? This guy's problem was he tried to falsify his "permit", pass it off to a seller to trick the guy into committing a felony along with him, and then expect the seller not to follow up on such a ridiculous case.

Almost every B. Dubia seller knows that you don't send Dubia roaches to Florida, it's not exactly a secret. The seller messed up a bit here, as if someone sent me a permit from the state of Florida, I'd definitely verify before shipping, as it doesn't add up. Not unless the guy is from, as the article said, a zoo, controlled lab, ect.

Falsifying records shows a skill for dishonesty. Not a seller I'd want to deal with.

LOl What are you in for?

I bought roaches bro. But honestly he could have just traveled to the state across from him bought the dubias and taken them back in Florida. Im glad they are cracking down on the people doing this though florida has so many introduced animals that are destroying its amazing eco system.

Next the Fed will be imposing more laws due to whats going on in one state. I've kept burmese pythons responsibly and now they are illegal to ship over "any" state line, not just into Florida. What's next, no live insect shipping? He deserves what he gets, whethter you agree with the law or not, it's still the law and he broke it in a big way. One bad apple.....

Next the Fed will be imposing more laws due to whats going on in one state. I've kept burmese pythons responsibly and now they are illegal to ship over "any" state line, not just into Florida. What's next, no live insect shipping? He deserves what he gets, whethter you agree with the law or not, it's still the law and he broke it in a big way. One bad apple.....

I agree. Laws are put into place for a reason!

I have to agree here....

many people whine that the law is just inhibiting our animal control, but that is not always the case. This is a great example of invasive species problems (as is the python issue)...the laws are there for a reason.... most people just don't understand the science/reason behind the laws and so assume they are just bs laws

the only problem is, most of the laws are really REALLY poorly written....again, the python ban is a great example..

Im glad i dont live there anymore :) Forgery....now that deserves some punishment. No dubia in FL is a little overboard imo. Come on now, they allow discoides...

Although I'm not sure what damage Dubia would inflict on Florida's ecosystems, but I do know it would flourish in that giant pressure cooker of a state. (hot and humid)

-Dave
SPF

Back
Top Bottom