Mambos problems continue.....??

Mambo

Okay so my problems continue...I did the obvious responsable thing and took my Panther Cham to the vet...She drew blood and found "white blood cells are dark and shrunken" Condition often seen with infection (bacterial and/or fungal) or organ congestion...Calcium levels which would have been my other concern where at an acceptable range Normal 9.0-15.0, range 16.8 according to her results.Blood work also resulted in slight dehydration.. She prescribed fluid therapy for the dehydration and antibiotics (fortaz) for the infection..So I completed the prescribed amounts of fluid therapy and have about two more doses of fortaz left...However in addition to his initial problems as earlier decribed he actually seemes to be getting worse?? it seems as though he barely has any control over his rear lens and tail (which bearley twitches every now and then...mobility is at an all time low...Only improvment Ive seen is an actual reaction to the injections which he moves around more so then the first few injections...i dont really think this vet know her stuff about chams (shes an "exotics vet", but i should have done my research),,,so does any one out there have any ideas or suggections??(Or maybe a quality vet in the DC metro region??)My next check up with her is after the doses are complete but I almost want to go earlier and tell her he is worse off???As always I appreciate any help...

Mario

Okay so my problems continue...I did the obvious responsable thing and took my Panther Cham to the vet...She drew blood and found "white blood cells are dark and shrunken" Condition often seen with infection (bacterial and/or fungal) or organ congestion...Calcium levels which would have been my other concern where at an acceptable range Normal 9.0-15.0, range 16.8 according to her results.Blood work also resulted in slight dehydration.. She prescribed fluid therapy for the dehydration and antibiotics (fortaz) for the infection..So I completed the prescribed amounts of fluid therapy and have about two more doses of fortaz left...However in addition to his initial problems as earlier decribed he actually seemes to be getting worse?? it seems as though he barely has any control over his rear lens and tail (which bearley twitches every now and then...mobility is at an all time low...Only improvment Ive seen is an actual reaction to the injections which he moves around more so then the first few injections...i dont really think this vet know her stuff about chams (shes an "exotics vet", but i should have done my research),,,so does any one out there have any ideas or suggections??(Or maybe a quality vet in the DC metro region??)My next check up with her is after the doses are complete but I almost want to go earlier and tell her he is worse off???As always I appreciate any help...

Mario

Im so sorry about your cham!

i am in Gaithersburg MD. I have a great vet.

Best friends animal hospital in gaithersburg md.
7600 Lindbergh Drive Gaithersburg, MD 20879
(301) 977-1881

Did you make sure that he gets enough heat to digest his food?
Did they do a fecal to see if he has/had parasites?
Where are the injections being given? (Arm, etc.?)
Are you making sure that he gets lots of water while on the meds?

Thanx Cam..

Kiny...

1)Yes plenty of heat for digestion after eating. I place him under two lamps( I coax him into eating by begining with a mealworm then continually stuffing his mouth with crickets as hes finalizes his chewing)

2) No fecal analysis yet, didint seems as much of a rush after finiding out that all he may have needed where antibiotics..But will do upon his next Bowl movement..

3) was intructed to give injections in the muscle of the forarm..

4) water is available by a mister 2 times a day at 15 minuties each,,,now nd then I'll manually mist for a few minutes....(I feel that dehydration my have been secondary due to his latent immobility..

I would take him to my vet i gave you asap.

Let them know you were referred by me. jessica baldwin. I brought glacier in to see them a couple weeks ago. they know their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom