Males Seeing each other caused stress

crosscutts

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I was having a problem with my Panther chameleon after moving him into a bigger enclosure. Stopped eating and started cage surfing in a giant enclosure. Of course first thoughts go to some kind of health issue . So keeping a close eye on him I wake up this morning with revelations , he’s about 12 feet away from my Parsons both cages face each other. Last two times I went in the Panthers cage he’s gaped at me never done this before . So I’m thinking he’s stressed because he can see the Parsons . so on my way out the door this morning I draped a blanket over the front of his cage . Will let you know if this made a difference .

I think that would be it. I know Veileds and Panthers will react to each other. When Beman saw the Panther I had he turned solid black. Might wanna get a room divider or shift cages around. Their vision is so dang good you need real distance. When I had my 3 veileds I had to have them all along the same wall or they would cage surf constantly trying to get to the other one.

I would figure that they would be territorial and be more aggressive. Would like to see how it goes.
Yeah it always stresses me out when they’re not acting normal . Didn’t even put two and two together till this morning . Wasn’t even thinking about cage placement , more about fitment in the room lol . yes I’m hoping this is the issue

I think that would be it. I know Veileds and Panthers will react to each other. When Beman saw the Panther I had he turned solid black. Might wanna get a room divider or shift cages around. Their vision is so dang good you need real distance. When I had my 3 veileds I had to have them all along the same wall or they would cage surf constantly trying to get to the other one.

Thank you for helping confirm that . I wasn’t even thinking of that when I was designing the enclosures to fit the room . Thanks for sharing your experience

When I had all three I had my cage stands on sliders. Made it a heck of a lot easier when I needed to move them around or even out from the wall. Not sure if this is something that you could do. I have Beman's cage still on sliders so I can get to the wires in the back without issue.

When I had all three I had my cage stands on sliders. Made it a heck of a lot easier when I needed to move them around or even out from the wall. Not sure if this is something that you could do. I have Beman's cage still on sliders so I can get to the wires in the back without issue.
Yes two out of three of my enclosures are on wheels . at my age wheels are important lol . I’ll be building a box to go underneath it tamura not only to raise it up but to add wheels also . It’s more about room placement I’ll have to figure something out . temporary early will keep a cover on One habitat hopefully things will turn around quickly .

I have the solution motorized stands and blinds controlled by app. Need to move it open the App and drive it around with the all terrain tires can go outside too

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Originals

Back
Top Bottom