Male wont breed!

mrgreen22

So my boy gave up on me... I have a beautiful receptive female, and he shows zero interest in her.
I've put her in his cage , him in hers, both outside on a tree. Nothing. I guess he's done? Do they ever show interest again?

Is he WC or CB? If he's CB how old is he?

As suggested you can show him another male, or even himself in a mirror. Personally I'd have him in the enclosure with the female, hold another male outside of the enclosure so he can see him, then that should make him want to do his thing

Chase

Is he WC or CB? If he's CB how old is he?

As suggested you can show him another male, or even himself in a mirror. Personally I'd have him in the enclosure with the female, hold another male outside of the enclosure so he can see him, then that should make him want to do his thing

Chase
He's CB and going on 3 years . I'll try showing him his reflection and see what happens .

I think its probably a bit more likely that he might not be in top health for some reason, (might be very subtle...possibly hormonal due to age), and that he is so content he isn't feeling an urge.

Separate them then try again,make sure the health conditions are in top shape ,he might not be interested cause he is older.

I think its probably a bit more likely that he might not be in top health for some reason, (might be very subtle...possibly hormonal due to age), and that he is so content he isn't feeling an urge.
Yeah, I just took him to the vet about a month ago just for a check up. I figured at the 3 year mark is a good time to get him checked out, no parasites , blood test good. Guess this will happen to all of us too, with age....:eek::(

Back
Top Bottom