Male Veiled: Burn Victim

Syn

Avid Member
Well, today I will be taking on a "burn victim".

I was just wondering, are there any special needs for them?

He is currently in a 24x12x24, he's still small-ish, but eventually I will be moving him into a 60x18x18.

Well, today I will be taking on a "burn victim".

I was just wondering, are there any special needs for them?

He is currently in a 24x12x24, he's still small-ish, but eventually I will be moving him into a 60x18x18.

Is this a fresh burn, or a cham that was once burned, and is now healed?

silvidyne if possible.

otherwise, try to keep the wound clean, and you can use burn treatment neosporin to help heal the burn.

Reactions: Syn
Alright everyone, here's the verdict:

His burn is healed, he's a bit black right now from being moved, he's missing two nails with no signs of obvious infection or pain. I can touch it without him jerking it back.

He has an attitude in the cage, moves quickly out, calms down eventually.

He has nice fat stores on his casque, no signs of bending in the arms or casque.. casque is also burned but everything looks fine otherwise.

Might I mention STRONG GRIP!!! I'm bleeding a bit now because he decided to latch on to my hand haha!

Syn you said he was smallish, any idea how old or how he got burned? Good that you are willing to give him a good home. Sounds like the little guy needs some TLC.

I thought he was smallish, he's actually about a year old, his final silvadine treatment was about 2 weeks ago.. no idea how long the regimen was but it's all healed up now.

He was burned from a lamp, the cage was supposed to be foolproof, but you know how smart chameleons are, and veileds just love to get close to heat.

He was immediately taken to the vet, he's all healed up now, but the guy said he needed room for his White's TFs and other frogs.

Alright, now comes the cage issue, I have a cage setup but it needs to be painted (some of you may remember my awesome find).. No luck at Walmart for no VOC acrylic latex paint... lowes or home depot - which is the better choice?

Back
Top Bottom