Male veild not eating

RandellTheCham

Established Member
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male veild, 8months old
  • Handling - Once or twice a week
  • Feeding - He gets fed 10 feeders aday, 5 in morning 5 in the afternoon. Gutloaded with fresh veggies or repashy superfood
  • Supplements - i dust my feeders with repashy calicum plus everyday
  • Watering - he gets misted three times aday for 1minute and yes i see him drink
  • Fecal Description - his poops are looking alot different, same constancy and his normal poops but are extremely small
  • History - He had not had any previous problems. Im in regular contact with his breeder and i also have his sister which have never had problems with

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Large repti breeze. 46 x 46 x 92
  • Lighting - I have all in one light which breeder reconmended me, his lights come on 12hours aday
  • Temperature - basking spot around 85-90 rest of viv 70-75 and during night 66-79
  • Humidity - humidity hits 70-80 while mister and doesnt drop past 20.
  • Plants - umbrella plants
  • Placement - this shouldnt be problem as his sister is next to him (yes they cannot see each other)
  • Location - united kingdom

Current Problem - my male veild hasn't been eating properly for almost 2 weeks. Ive noticed he has been paceing around his viv and walking along botterm of his viv.

He will only accept couple wax worms but thats it, ive also noticed his head has started to get white patches.

He isnt showing symptoms of common illnesses chameleon get. Only problem is he isnt eating. He seems to be alot more freaked out by me. Im just worried that its almost been 2weeks since he's had a fall stomach.

A large reptibreeze isn't big enough for a male veiled and pacing around the bottom is a sign of stress and boredom. I also don't think misting 1 minute 3x a day is enough. I do 5 minutes 3x a day on my veileds.

Heres two about week old

Attachments

• IMG_2131.JPG
    IMG_2131.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2119.JPG
    IMG_2119.JPG
    273.5 KB · Views: 85
You should look into how to properly supplement your cham repashy calcium plus every day is not recomended especially if theres high amounts of d3 you should look over the care sheets again and try to fix anyproblems because your clearly doing things wrong and you should properly fill out how to adk help whats all in one light? It should be a 5.0 uvb and a heating light seperate.

You should look into how to properly supplement your cham repashy calcium plus every day is not recomended especially if theres high amounts of d3 you should look over the care sheets again and try to fix anyproblems because your clearly doing things wrong and you should properly fill out how to adk help whats all in one light? It should be a 5.0 uvb and a heating light seperate.
I have a uvb and uva light bulb

Calcium Plus is safe to use everyday with a veiled and an all in one bulb may be a mercury vapor bulb

My veiled just went through a hunger strike as well but recently came out of it. What exactly were you feeding him before he stopped eating? Were you cup feeding or letting him hunt on his own? If you are feeding the same thing everyday he could be getting tired of it and if that is the case try adding variety to the diet.

Hornworms are banned in the uk, impossible to get over here.

He feeds mostly on hoppers which i bulk buy, i also keep super worms, wax worms, calci worms and crickets.

Atm he only takes wax worms, ive spoken to the breeder and she said his father only accepted wax worms for amonth but will eventually get over it.

I also have his sister who is doing great.

My chameleons mostly hunt or hand feed. I only cup feed if im
In a rush. Currently randel is feeding from a cup and takes around 3-5 waxies a day.

My almost one year old girl is not eating n his sight has gone bad he use to stare in to his lighting so I angled them different so he would just sit in front of it did he mess he's eyes up by doing this he's so skinny help please

Reginachristenberry...you need to start your own thread. The reasons males don't eat vs females not eating can be completely different.
Does your female have an egglaying container IN her cage?

Back
Top Bottom