male spurs

javsto

ok so there is a local show next weekend here on Long Island and I know that you can tell the difference in male over female by a spur on their hind legs but do those spurs appear later in life, say after a few montsh or are they visable straight from birth? Also do all chams have the spurs in the same location or do they vary per species. Im hoping for a panther but will probably end up with either a veiled or jacksons, depending on what available and affordable to me at that time.

The tarsal spurs are a veiled trait. They don't occur on panthers or jacksons. With veileds they are there from the minute they hatch.

A male jacksons should have a significant set of horns by the time he is a salable size. The panthers are the hardest for me to tell. When they are little you have to look at the tail bulge.

This is a veil's tarsal spur-

tarsalspur.jpg

The tarsal spurs are a veiled trait. They don't occur on panthers or jacksons. With veileds they are there from the minute they hatch.

A male jacksons should have a significant set of horns by the time he is a salable size. The panthers are the hardest for me to tell. When they are little you have to look at the tail bulge.

sort of like a B@ll sack right? I think I saw of pic of one on here at one time or another. Just not sure when they are "noticable" enough to tell the difference between genders.

They are sexable right out of the egg. The hemipenal bulge is where thehemipenes are stored. When they go through maturity, it becomes very noticeable. When they are small, the bulge isn't really a bulge, but more of a small place where the hemipenes will grow into.

Back
Top Bottom