Male or Female?

Kam0408

Established Member
So I have what I think is a Male veiled chameleon, but I have recently read some articles that make me think he is not. He is also looking a bit chubby, so I don’t know?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 71
100% male. Males can become obese... If they are fed too much for their age. What are you feeding? How much and how often?

So you do not want to feed waxworms regularly at all they are all fat. are you just providing like 1 of each bug? How old is he now?

Do you have a picture looking straight on his face so I can see what the casque looks like on the sides? I can see that he does have a budge to the casque but the other view would be more helpful.

So you do not want to feed waxworms regularly at all they are all fat. are you just providing like 1 of each bug? How old is he now?

Do you have a picture looking straight on his face so I can see what the casque looks like on the sides? I can see that he does have a budge to the casque but the other view would be more helpful.
So he gets one waxworms like every other week
They are a very rare treat
Same with superworms
I will submit a picture of his schedule it a bit

I am always just worried if he is still hungry or not
And that is a common concern... They are always hungry. It is wired into this species to eat and eat and grow as fast as possible because in the wild they all hatch out, eat, and grow then mate and lay eggs all before the dry season happens. This is like a 9 month process. Then they start dying off because their environment does not support their needs. Then the cycle repeats babies hatch out grow like crazy...

So if you give them food any food they will eat it. The issue is they also get fat in captivity. Like really unhealthy fat. The fat starts by forming in their abdomen taking up room that their organs need. Then filling their casque and arms. This causes multiple health issues including organ failure, gout, and kidney disease. So we have to limit them. We keep them lean and healthy. Muscular.

He will not starve. 2 of mine eat only 3 days a week - 3 medium sized feeders. And that is it. They are healthy and thriving.

And that is a common concern... They are always hungry. It is wired into this species to eat and eat and grow as fast as possible because in the wild they all hatch out, eat, and grow then mate and lay eggs all before the dry season happens. This is like a 9 month process. Then they start dying off because their environment does not support their needs. Then the cycle repeats babies hatch out grow like crazy...

So if you give them food any food they will eat it. The issue is they also get fat in captivity. Like really unhealthy fat. The fat starts by forming in their abdomen taking up room that their organs need. Then filling their casque and arms. This causes multiple health issues including organ failure, gout, and kidney disease. So we have to limit them. We keep them lean and healthy. Muscular.

He will not starve. 2 of mine eat only 3 days a week - 3 medium sized feeders. And that is it. They are healthy and thriving.
Ok thanks so much you have been so helpful

Back
Top Bottom