Male or Female

xxcham

Hi! (i’m gonna refer to my chameleon as it because i don’t know if it’s a he or she even though i don’t wanna refer to my cham as it) so the place i got it from said that it was a male but i just want to be sure because if the cham i have is a female i don’t wanna have it be egg bound (even though its young, 2 months). i’m gonna try and get a picture of the back of its feet but it might take me a moment or two ? here are some pics i have in the mean time

Attachments

• A1D033F1-31DD-4BC9-8944-F807C9964810.jpeg
    A1D033F1-31DD-4BC9-8944-F807C9964810.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 105
  • E7A74DF2-53B1-4840-96A6-1FC1C9025AA7.jpeg
    E7A74DF2-53B1-4840-96A6-1FC1C9025AA7.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 87
i don’t know if this helps. i’ll try and get a better one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 101
ehhhhhhhhhh I am not so willing to jump on the male train. I am leaning toward female. :smuggrin:

view from the back can be misleading with some females.. We say male because there is a wee nub but a view from the side is almost always accurate. See if you can get a side view like below in my pic.

Males are going to have a pronounced tarsal spur. Here is my newest boy maybe 3 months old. almost 3 inch body length. You can see the difference. very pronounced tarsal spur.

IMG_5252.jpg

Last edited:
ehhhhhhhhhh I am not so willing to jump on the male train. I am leaning toward female. :smuggrin:

view from the back can be misleading with some females.. We say male because there is a wee nub but a view from the side is almost always accurate. See if you can get a side view like below in my pic.

Males are going to have a pronounced tarsal spur. Here is my newest boy maybe 3 months old. almost 3 inch body length. You can see the difference. very pronounced tarsal spur.

View attachment 276757
Op says that cham is only 2 months old. I stand by male.

the cham is asleep now and didn’t want to come out today but im going to try and get some more pics tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom