Male or Female?

JessG

4 month old red bar Ambilobe. Male or female ?
865E9F35-8A2E-45B5-8179-889D4EA7A32C.jpeg
94D85D5E-848C-48E9-AE2D-CC354E9F8AF3.jpeg

I assumed because if the little bulge right? I thought males had spurs. Or is that only for veileds?

There are other species with spurs, but panthers do not have them. You can also tell by his colors showing through that he's male (y)

I just noticed his foot. Is this going to impair him at all when older? He seems to be gripping this fine. And climbing.. makes me a little sad.
34165397-41EE-4384-A635-A1AD6E6469A9.jpeg

Missing the toes and all lol. Looks like he's already healed up and used to not having his toes at least. This situation I don't have any experience with but, I would say as long you're mindful of how you set up his enclosure to accommodate his disability he should be fine. Some have had the entire foot amputated and lived "happy" lives.

Maybe check with @CharlesYamaguchi , probably easier to reach on facebook then here, on it. One the rescues he had a while back was missing the entire rear foot and was successfully rehabilitated and sent on to his forever home. He's the only one I can remember seeing recently to say ask. @Matt Vanilla Gorilla maybe be able to assist with thoughts too.

Yes, seems to be a male and I reall think he will adapt to the challege with one foot missing nails (or even part of a foot). Most of the foot on that side is still available for use. I would personally use branches small enough that he does not struggle to grip with that foot in his cage.

Back
Top Bottom