Male or female baby Panther chameleon?

GasmaskCowgirl

I was curious if this little, baby Panther chameleon is male or female? I searched on the forum about sexing, and I'm STILL confused if it's male or female. Could anyone be of service on this? I'd be extremely grateful and so would this chameleon since so far, it's being called Nameless. :D

Attachments

• imagejpeg_3.jpg
    imagejpeg_3.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 554
  • imsagejpeg_2.jpg
    imsagejpeg_2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 629
If you could post a closer up clear side pic with view:) of tail base. The pics you posted are a good pose just need closer and clear when so small.

It appears to be a female.
while the baby is very small, there shoudl still be a slight hemipenal bulge near the vent, and in that second picture, i do not see one.

Sorry for the wait, Nameless wants to either walk everywhere or else climb onto my phone whenever I try taking any pictures lately, lol. Unfortunately, all I have IS my phone's camera, so hopefully these images are still helpful. :/

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352826093996.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352826093996.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 538
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352826108545.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352826108545.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 555
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352826125704.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352826125704.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 506
Awww! :D Now a proper name can be figured out! :) May I ask what gives it away in the pictures that she's female? I have no idea what a hemipenal bulge looks like, so initially I thought the tiny bump under her tail was that. xD

Can anyone tell me if I have a male here ? This is really frustrating because my girlfriend bought this chameleon from a breeder here in our city and when she went to see what he had he said he had 1 male and 1 female and of course she selected what he said was a male and she also had to pay more money for the male .... Starting to wonder if it's actually a female but really hoping that it's a male that hasn't fully developed yet - 5 months roughly now ... And if it isn't a female - does anyone have any experience with getting their Cham sexed incorrectly and what did the breeder do afterwords ? I would hope I can get a male and trade this female back or something because that's kinda BS if you ask me

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 350
Can anyone tell me if I have a male here ? This is really frustrating because my girlfriend bought this chameleon from a breeder here in our city and when she went to see what he had he said he had 1 male and 1 female and of course she selected what he said was a male and she also had to pay more money for the male .... Starting to wonder if it's actually a female but really hoping that it's a male that hasn't fully developed yet - 5 months roughly now ... And if it isn't a female - does anyone have any experience with getting their Cham sexed incorrectly and what did the breeder do afterwords ? I would hope I can get a male and trade this female back or something because that's kinda BS if you ask me
Ya that a female

wow . so what exactly would be my best move at this point ? I'm pretty upset because having a female instead of a male is almost like having a completely different animal ... Any suggestions or ideas on how to handle this situation ?

You definitely have a mature female that's receptive for breeding! You should cut back on food and lower her temps just a bit, if you're not planning to breed her. Doing this will reduce her egg count and be easier on her overall energetically, which should prolong her life. In about a month you'll need to set up an egg laying bin for her.
You might want to get back to that breeder and get some money back at the very least. It's not your fault he can't sex chameleons! Maybe he would be interested in taking back a mature female who's ready to breed and trade for a male?

alright cool thank you for the information and yes I will be contacting the breeder to ask if he would be willing to trade the mature female back for a male ... I didn't know if that was a common thing to have happen after a chameleon is incorrectly sexed but that's ultimately what I want to do - all of this is new to me so I didn't know if there was a protocol or anything when it comes to these situations

You definitely have a mature female that's receptive for breeding! You should cut back on food and lower her temps just a bit, if you're not planning to breed her. Doing this will reduce her egg count and be easier on her overall energetically, which should prolong her life. In about a month you'll need to set up an egg laying bin for her.
You might want to get back to that breeder and get some money back at the very least. It's not your fault he can't sex chameleons! Maybe he would be interested in taking back a mature female who's ready to breed and trade for a male?
WISDOM!

But also just so show why I was having trouble trying to tell if it was a female or not is because of stuff like this photo where there seemed to be blues / greens and even some purple coming in on the head and crown ... Also I have another pic where I kinda was seeing a bulge after the vent but everyone is saying its 100 percent female so idk I guess it's just hard to tell

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 264
Here's a pic where I thought I was seeing a bulge but I guess I'm wrong ....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 320
Back
Top Bottom