Male not accepting Female (help)

camouflage

Need some advise.
I have a kammer female from "Legend" and trying to breed her with my blue bar but it seams that he is not interested at all.

He doesn't want her near him at all. Last month I tried pairing them and he started his head bobbing ritual but she didn't accept him so I waited another 3 weeks.

Now she is 100% ready but he is not accepting her, any advise? Am I doing anything wrong? Anything I can do?

Now she is

I've had success removing the male from his cage for a few hours. Place female in cage first, then put him back into his "territory".

Hope that helps!

My blue ambanja male was 18 months before he showed any interest at all. I have an ambilobe who started trying to get my females when he was 4 months old. So they go at their own pace. I was very frustrated with my ambanja, but once he finally realized what he was supposed to do, he has no issues anymore. I agree that you should try new places, take him out in the sun for awhile. But if SHE isn't ready, you can't force the issue. You have to wait for her to become receptive, and you may have missed your window this month.

All you have to do is take her to the the front of the male's cage. As soon as she sees him, she will begin to gape and sway back and forth if she is not receptive. You can't confuse it, she will look visibly stressed and you will know. When she is receptive, she will be peachy colored. She still may walk/run from him at first, but she won't be aggressive toward him. Try letting her see him in a day or two and see what happens. If she is not receptive when you try again, she is probably gravid, and you will need a laying bin for her. About 2 weeks after laying her infertile eggs, you can try again with your male. But make sure she is eating insects that are gutloaded very well and that you are giving her all the proper supplementations. Don't overfeed her and don't keep her too warm or she will produce too many eggs, which is bad news.

All you have to do is take her to the the front of the male's cage. As soon as she sees him, she will begin to gape and sway back and forth if she is not receptive. You can't confuse it, she will look visibly stressed and you will know. When she is receptive, she will be peachy colored. She still may walk/run from him at first, but she won't be aggressive toward him. Try letting her see him in a day or two and see what happens. If she is not receptive when you try again, she is probably gravid, and you will need a laying bin for her. About 2 weeks after laying her infertile eggs, you can try again with your male. But make sure she is eating insects that are gutloaded very well and that you are giving her all the proper supplementations. Don't overfeed her and don't keep her too warm or she will produce too many eggs, which is bad news.

Thank you so much that really helps,im really hoping that she does because i dont want her to go threw all that stress :(

Yes it looks like I lucked out this month but I wrote down the notes and next time i will be ready........ I hope.

Also are the females receptive on a monthly basis?

Looks like I lucked out this month, she was not up for it this acternoon but I wrote down the advise I got from all of you and will be trying I again soon.

Also are the females receptive on a monthly basis?

Back
Top Bottom