male ambilobe

I've found that cup feeding helps. Try and lure ur cham out onto your arm with food and sooner or later he will associate you with food and not mind being held. No guarantees but its worked a few times for me.

He won't learn to get used to you right off the bat, keep this in mind.

I suggest trying to hand feed him. Pick up a food item (hornworm, cricket, whatever) and hold it about 3 inches away from him maybe a little closer. If he takes the food, do this a couple times throughout the week and if he takes it faster, keep hand feeding him. He will learn to associate you with his food.

As for handling, after he is not so scared of you, try to coax him onto your arm/hand by slowly raising your hand under his chin, then sliding it under his body so he will climb up it.

It will take time

My father breeds canaries. However my mother feeds them. I have seen birds land on my mom when she goes to feed them. But scatter when any other person goes around, including my dad.
They have a big aviary.
Food is the best way to any person or any animals heart.
Lol

Mine is still a little scared of me... I have had him for 6 months. He will climb onto my hand (although its SUPER SLOW and my arm gets tired before he can get on me fully).

Normally I will give him a worm before i take him out then give him one more after i put him back in.

If you can associate your hand with food, then you can "tame" them.

Patience is the key. Keep showing him that your hand brings food meaning hand/cup feeding him is the number 1 step that you should do, other than that just be patient and he'll get used to you.

very happy

i cant thank all of you enough ...really i love this site so much...wow with so many people to help me with my cham..i feel very privleged to be apart of this forum...thanks to all respectfully ed wilson

The great things about Chams is they ALL have different personalities!

So much more noticable then many reptiles, they will choose when to except you:)

Back
Top Bottom