Making your own gutload

When I actually get off my butt and make my own, this is the recipe I use. Although I'm really partial to Steve's cricket crack. :D

My favorite part of Steve's Cricket Crack is he makes it. :D

And he does an awesome job. I have 16,000 crickets at home hopped up on this stuff. It crazy how loco they go for this stuff.

I tried to make my own. Ended up being more $$$ and Time than I was willing to put into it.

My favorite part of Steve's Cricket Crack is he makes it. :D

And he does an awesome job. I have 16,000 crickets at home hopped up on this stuff. It crazy how loco they go for this stuff.

I tried to make my own. Ended up being more $$$ and Time than I was willing to put into it.

I know! I have had to use a much taller container when I'm getting them out of their bins for feeding b/c they start jumping out all over the place! :eek:

Yes, this is why I get lazy about it. Too much effort on my part. :D It's always easier when someone else is doing it.... lol :D

What do you mean? I just crumple it up in my bare hands like superman would i guess... No special technique

-Steve
I grind it down to a powder. You get a good mix of CA and Collagen this way. Otherwise the crickets are going straight for the collagen ( that thin film on the inside of eggs ) and not necessarily the calcium in the shell.

crushed dog food

Using That as a gutload causes gout. Stop using it immediately!!

I grind it down to a powder. You get a good mix of CA and Collagen this way. Otherwise the crickets are going straight for the collagen ( that thin film on the inside of eggs ) and not necessarily the calcium in the shell.

Okay, i'll do that next time.

-Steve

Back
Top Bottom