Making one pothos plant, two pothos plants

tryme

Is it possible? I mean, when I brought my pothos and re potted it, when I took it out the old soil i realised it wasn't one big plant but about 3-4 sections potted together. Would it be possible to take like 2 of these sections and stick them in another pot and let them grow?

Absolutely. Be sure you gently separate the roots, then try to spread them out a little into the new potting soil.

Pothos grows like a weed... I had some pieces of vine that i had cut down laying on a towel in front of my panthers cage, and it was getting just a little bit of moisture a day, and was alive for about a week until i threw it away.... What i am saying is with pothos you can take one or two vines, cut them with a sharp instrument, and place the in soil... it will take a week or so but these cutting will produce roots... (if you look on the vines most of them already have some roots) anyway,

hope this helps

Todd

Pothos grows like a weed... I had some pieces of vine that i had cut down laying on a towel in front of my panthers cage, and it was getting just a little bit of moisture a day, and was alive for about a week until i threw it away.... What i am saying is with pothos you can take one or two vines, cut them with a sharp instrument, and place the in soil... it will take a week or so but these cutting will produce roots... (if you look on the vines most of them already have some roots) anyway,

hope this helps

Todd

this process is known as cloning.

google is your friend...

take the end of one of your vines or sprouts, and cut it with a new razor blade so there are about 3 leaves still on the parent plant. remove the bottom leaf and stick the end you just cut in soil (or water) and treat it like a new plant. if you have trouble developting roots, you can buy a rooting horomone to induce rooting.

google is your friend...

take the end of one of your vines or sprouts, and cut it with a new razor blade so there are about 3 leaves still on the parent plant. remove the bottom leaf and stick the end you just cut in soil (or water) and treat it like a new plant. if you have trouble developting roots, you can buy a rooting horomone to induce rooting.

rooting hormone is really only needed for hardwood cuttings. Potjos is one of the easiest plants to grow... Most likely you already have roots on your vines. The little brown stem looking projection where the leaves meet the vine is actually a root.... I was able to root cuttings with water crystals alone.... (I was bored). Remember to keep your soil moist for the first week if you are making cuttings, after that you can resume your usual watering practices.

Hope this helps
Todd

Ok because I have actually done a cutting or cloning process with my umbrella plant. I just cut off 2 stems and stuck it in soil and they grew roots within a couple of weeks. The plant hasn't grown much though :(

Back
Top Bottom