make it rain ....

trialsallday

hello, guys and gals, my names Artie. This is my first post ever. So i wanted to share something with you all that surprisingly i havnt seen yet on anyones setup. It all started when i set up my first cage way back when veilds just hit the market about 12 years ago or so, and an old friend who ive since lost contact with had shown me for watering chameleon encolsures. its easy, basicaly you take the zoo med drippers that they sell everywhere and instead of just running the end of the drip line streight in and having it drip in the same spot, you attach the end to a bubblewand thats used to run along the botton of fishtanks to make air bubbles. so you run the bubblewand along the screen top or from one branch to the other and (make sure you make small pin holes on it with a needle), and when the water runs through it it forms like beads of water on it and slowly drips from diffrent holes instead of one spot and it slowly gets a bunch of the leaves wet as if it were slowly raining drops.
let me know if youve heard of this and what you think.
p.s. my new young panther is on his way nesxt week. pics comming soon.

Cool, that sounds like a neat setup.

The only problem I can think of is drainage, but that is easily handled.

Hmmm, I am going to have to try that. I agree on the drainage thing but i'm sure if you have that down, this would work. Thank you for sharing!:)

well i used this system , but at the time i was using an inch or so of substrate, (some kinda mulch for reptiles) and watever water didnt end up in the flower pots just got soaked up by the mulch and dried off slowly. I would fill the cup befor work and it slowly dripped here and there for a very long time. i know substrates are shunned appon in this community, and i dont plan on using any with my new little guy on the way, but at the time i dont recall hearing any real negatives about it, ofcoarse internet didnt really exist yet , but man does it look nice and suck up alot of moisture.

Back
Top Bottom