Major water problem!

joshuadh2310

Established Member
so even with my nice and fancy drainage systems on my free range and cage I still get mist that gets all over my carpet in my Cham room(yes I know carpet is not a good idea but anywhere my chams could have went had carpet. I thought I wouldn't run into this with my drainage but it doesn't matter fine mist goes where it wants and I can't cover the whole room Ina drainage system lol so anyone have ideas of what I could put over my carpet to protect it?

When I got Ophelia in December, I had NO CLUE how to properly care for a chameleon. I think you are in the same situation and I know how it feels to be a new keeper with zero knowledge. You have no idea what you are doing. I'm not trying to be rude, I just like to call it as I see it so we can be on the same page and move forward. Thankfully, you found this forum. Unfortunately, you are pushing away the people who could possibly help you and answer your questions. You are pushing them away by not following the rules established on this forum. Several members are frustrated with you. One of your chameleons has died. Your other chameleon is not doing well. Your cage, your experience, your efforts are not adequate in taking care of a chameleon at this point. What is frustrating people is that you are not fixing the problems. Do you understand so far?

As far as getting your carpet wet... think about what type of material or item could protect something from water? Can't come up with any ideas on your own? Then your next step is to SEARCH this forum for the answer. You should not create another post with a new question until you have searched for the answer to that question. You are not the first person to have these questions (I also had these newbie questions, so I get it), but I tried not to bother anyone until I had tried to find the answer here myself.

Here's what I want you to do: search this forum for "over spray" and report back to THIS THREAD and tell me what you found. I'm waiting for your answer... ready, go!
Ummm I think you have me confused with someone else? Only Cham I had die on me is from me rescuing one that didn't make it. I have no enemies and both my setups are plenty good enough for my chams. My guys live in pradise

forgive me? I'm a jerk
Lol no problem! I have searched around for the over spray and i saw some solutions to a different type of misting head but I would like to stay with the setups I have . It's only about a 8x8 square foot area of my carpet that gets wet that I'm trying to figure out how to keep the mist off of.

did you see the AquaZamp rain dome? or since it's a smallish area, you could put in waterproof carpet in that area?
I have seen that I just feel like it only covers a small area rather than the whole cage. And sadly I can not do anything with the floor as I am young and don't own my home otherwise I would have already had some waterproof hardwood type floors in lol. I'm looking for something I can place over it though. I was thinking painters plastic but I use some of it now and it seems to get messy pretty quick.

Try... some thicker plastic shower curtain, get a good type I would think it would run you no more than 20 dollars... then find a way to easily carry out the run off. Maybe place a rubbermaid bin just large enough in that area, and keep the shower curtain under it for any excess? Dunno just guessing here XD

Get some bathroom rugs designed to be stepped on after a shower and dry. They won't look as out of place and they will cover the carpet. Carpet remnants are another option. As long as the material isn't saturated and just gets mist that drys in a few hours, the carpet or material used to cover it will be fine.

Get some bathroom rugs designed to be stepped on after a shower and dry. They won't look as out of place and they will cover the carpet. Carpet remnants are another option. As long as the material isn't saturated and just gets mist that drys in a few hours, the carpet or material used to cover it will be fine.
thats a pretty good idea!! thanks

Hehehe you're not the only one to confuse one member with another and to your credit they both have member names with Joshua. I don't think bad Joshua would have a free range or an automatic mister though lol

Ugh...I was getting really upset at the "other" poster. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe make a difference with his remaining cham. Then, in my haste and tiredness, I read this posters question about getting water on the carpet and I lost my mind. I was on a roll! Talk about wanting to bury my head in the sand and never surface :oops: Oh well... one should never comment while experiencing sleep deprivation.

i have the same issue. I just kinda roll with it as it does not get that wet lol
Ugh...I was getting really upset at the "other" poster. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe make a difference with his remaining cham. Then, in my haste and tiredness, I read this posters question about getting water on the carpet and I lost my mind. I was on a roll! Talk about wanting to bury my head in the sand and never surface :oops: Oh well... one should never comment while experiencing sleep deprivation.
was that the guy who's Cham "ran away"? Lol

i have the same issue. I just kinda roll with it as it does not get that wet lol

was that the guy who's Cham "ran away"? Lol

no... this guy had 2 veiled chams (M/F) and the female died - his description of what was happening to her was heart-breaking and then his male started to have the same issues. he had SEVERAL posts going at the same time trying to get help on several topics

no... this guy had 2 veiled chams (M/F) and the female died - his description of what was happening to her was heart-breaking and then his male started to have the same issues. he had SEVERAL posts going at the same time trying to get help on several topics
Some ppl are awful, like if your Cham is having a health issue and you need/seek help on the Forum good on you, you are trying to help your pet and reach out to others for information. It makes me so mad when some people ask and then do NOTHING that the other forum members advise.- ps. Did u see the post about the guys Cham who "ran away" then he went and bought another than found the one that he lost? Some ppl just should not own animals

This is the exact reason that my parents made me wait for three months before getting a cham... because I needed to learn responsibility and how to take care of an animal on a daily basis. Despite the fact that I spent pretty much every spare minute of that three months on the forums, there really is nothing like experience. So I was the same way, @opheliaeatsbugs. I had no idea what i was doing. Well, in the cham world, ya gotta learn fast. Love the chams, wish I could move to madagascar to observe them being wild chameleons. That would be boss. Sorry, this post is random rambling by me. I am very much sleep-deprived and high on sugar. (y)

Back
Top Bottom