Made this for my Cham who loves coming out his cage

Panthro413

Established Member
Made this for my Cham Panthro, he loves coming out of his cage and sometimes I don't feel like taking him out so I made this for him to enjoy some time out of his cage when im feeling lazy or just moping in my room..

It's pretty convenient and portable. Just thought I'd share. Only cost me $14 to make.
Got the wood from home Depot as well as the jute twine. I then wrapped the twine around the wood. Screwed the dowel base into the round piece of wood. Zip tied the branch to the base.

What do you guys think? :)
MVIMG_20180424_184607.jpg
MVIMG_20180424_185451.jpg
IMG_20180417_170324.jpg

Last edited:
Good question. Well I stopped the Twine about 3 quarters down the base. I did that so that He might stop there. Either way it's not meant as something you can make to leave ur Cham on unattended. It's more or less to put beside myself when im home watching TV , playing PS4 , on my comp. Etc... my guy ejoys just chilling. Thanks

Trust me...he can climb the dowell rod without jute. You could always put a barrier of smooth plastc around it, far enough out that he can't reach over to it from pole and tall enough that he can't reach the top from the ground.

Trust me...he can climb the dowell rod without jute. You could always put a barrier of smooth plastc around it, far enough out that he can't reach over to it from pole and tall enough that he can't reach the top from the ground.
Ehh, It's cool.. It'll always be beside me when I decide to use it.. I did today and he was just chilling at the top.. I hear you though.

I love this idea!!! I know your cham is going to love it too!! I would get a smooth plastic barrier also, I know Lil Squirt would be climbing down so fast. You can also get a large plastic bin to set it in. I think I'm going to make one of these this weekend!! Thank you for the awesome idea!!

I love this idea!!! I know your cham is going to love it too!! I would get a smooth plastic barrier also, I know Lil Squirt would be climbing down so fast. You can also get a large plastic bin to set it in. I think I'm going to make one of these this weekend!! Thank you for the awesome idea!!
Thanks :) Def looked like he enjoyed it.. Finished it today so haven't seen him crawl down yet. My Cham is more of a lounger, just sits there and stares at me or climbs on me. Even when I have him out he doesn't try to escape so I'm not to worried until I notice him trying to get off it. Then I'll come up with something. Untill then it's just a perch spot for him to hangout outside of the cage. The round wood plate was $6.49.. the twine was $2.89.. the screw was $1.18 and the base dowel was $2.89. the skinnier branch dowel was .98 cents. The piece of rope 12" was .97 cents.. I also braided and knoted ever 3" the twine to make a climbing rope that's dangling from the brsnbr. the fake pothos and fake plant I had.. I'm also going to wrap some zoomed vines around the base. Was even thinking of training some real pothos to grow around the base. Not sure though. I have some growing already.

I'm actually still adding an additional level with another branch connecting them at a Angle. I'll upload a new photo when done.. wrapping the branches now.. sucks lol..

Awesome!!! Thank you so much, I appreciate the instructions. I was sitting here trying to think of how you did it..lol. It costs a lot less than I thought too!! Thank goodness for that!! I'm going to get this made this weekend!
I think you could train some real pothos to grow around the base. I think that is a perfect idea :)

Awesome!!! Thank you so much, I appreciate the instructions. I was sitting here trying to think of how you did it..lol. It costs a lot less than I thought too!! Thank goodness for that!! I'm going to get this made this weekend!
I think you could train some real pothos to grow around the base. I think that is a perfect idea :)

Thanks, So here's what it looks like more or less done now.. he is going to love this! Lol..
MVIMG_20180424_221648.jpg
MVIMG_20180424_221636.jpg
MVIMG_20180424_221552.jpg
MVIMG_20180424_221539.jpg
MVIMG_20180424_220753.jpg
MVIMG_20180424_220646.jpg
MVIMG_20180424_213237.jpg
MVIMG_20180424_212839.jpg
MVIMG_20180424_212800.jpg

Did it take a long time to complete? It looks really amazing and so awesome for a little free range time for chameleons! I have to make this for Lil Squirt this weekend!! Thank you so much for the details!!

Umm like an hour to make.. 1 1/2 max ... Simple

Wrap twine around the base

Pred drill a hole in the base with the screw

Drill the screw threw plate from the bottom up

Lift the plate and place the base pre drilled hole to the screw

Have someone Hold the base while you use a drill to drill the base so it doesn't spin

Cut a thinner dowel down to your desired size and wrap with twine

Place where you'd like and connect with zip ties.

Add fake plants, vines etc where desired. That's it.

Ohh, Forgot to mention. It's pretty lightweight as well. I can easily pick it up as I relocate in my house.

Back
Top Bottom