Madagascar Expedition Vlog

Alexl

Avid Member
It took quite a long time, but I finally found time to start our expedition blog (or "vlog", I didn't know this word existed) for our last Madagascar trip. There is a video for every day - sometimes I filmed more, sometimes less. But overall you can get a good impression of Madagascar and a bunch of reptiles, including many chameleons.

https://www.madcham.de/en/category/expeditionsblog/

So far days 1 to day 6 are online, and days 7 to 21 are still coming. :)

Very cool... Was this the expedition that Bill was on too? I kept seeing the updates on social and it looked absolutely amazing.

Very cool... Was this the expedition that Bill was on too? I kept seeing the updates on social and it looked absolutely amazing.

No, that's an expedition we did last year only with a few friends due to the harsh conditions in some forests in the north. The usually visited forests in the central east are much more comfortable to visit. ;) We're actually in Madagascar several times a year but never managed to make videos afterwards. Until now!

Last edited:
No, that's an expedition we did last year only with a few friends due to the harsh conditions in some forests in the north. The usually visited forests in the central east are much more comfortable to visit. ;) We're actually in Madagascar several times a year but never managed to make videos afterwards. Until now!
Well thank you so much for sharing your link here. I love being able to see stuff like this ❤️

I need to catch up.

I just watched Day 5 - Marojejy. The video quality is excellent and I really enjoyed the Brookesia photos. In particular, that Brookesia vadoni is very impressive.

I was actually also impressed by the video quality. It's "only" a DJI Pocket, a really small camera! Being an inexperienced video camera user, I, unfortunately, produced a lot of very blurry Brookesia videos. Later it worked a bit better, but small chameleons are a challenge with this camera. But I loved the stability of the footage when walking or driving. The footage would be much bumpier with a different camera.

Back
Top Bottom