Macleay's Spectre Stick Insect

Dave Weldon

Avid Member
Howdy All,

I borrowed this Macleay's Spectre Stick Insect from CF member "Ponders" for a little photo shoot. Still working on getting the lighting a bit more diffuse. I'm using a Canon 430EX and 580EXII with Rogue and Fotodiox modifiers. Canon 5DIII, 100L macro, f/14 ISO100 160th.

(He's got great wings but he doesn't show them often :D)

Howdy All,

I decided to concentrate on a few close-up shots. Not too happy with the light diffusion :(.
I'll work on that with whatever the next project turns out to be :eek:.

I like these shots. Very sharp.

Do you have a tent? It really gives nice diffuse lighting - and contains the smaller critters! We also have a beauty dish on our light coming through the side which also helps diffuse the light. (photo below)

I like these shots. Very sharp.

Do you have a tent? It really gives nice diffuse lighting - and contains the smaller critters! We also have a beauty dish on our light coming through the side which also helps diffuse the light.
Howdy PhotoPrincess,

I do have one (actually two!) :). The tents do come in handy but I haven't tried one with insect photography yet :eek:. I just might breakout my beauty dish too!

Holy creepy bug batman! Neat looking until you posted the close ups and then it gave me the willies! lol.

I too, am into photography. I have a Nikon d3100 that I shoot with. but mainly my subjects have been of the homosapien nature lol. I may have to change that soon with my growing collection of herps.

Back
Top Bottom