Lymes disease

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Knew something was off. Have had this weird dull aching in my head/neck that followed a lymph node and tonsil flare up. Second time I've had it, and I had it almost exactly the same time last year... anyone else experience lymes?

That’s a serieus disease 😨 Normally transferred due a tick bite. People over here are scared to death for it. Heard many horror stories of different symptoms, also enough stories about symptoms, that at first where not related to Lyme disease. And after many examinations and even doubt if it’s not mentally related, they where eventually diagnosed as Lyme.
Wish you fast and good recovery 🍀🍀👏🏻

Last edited:
Knew something was off. Have had this weird dull aching in my head/neck that followed a lymph node and tonsil flare up. Second time I've had it, and I had it almost exactly the same time last year... anyone else experience lymes?
Btw your description sounds also a bit like COVID-19

@Sonny13 I've had covid twice and lymes twice now that I know of lol. Had a blood test to confirm that I've had lymes in the past and currently have it. My doctor explained it as some people have chronic issues with it, others have it once and it goes away.

@Sonny13 I've had covid twice and lymes twice now that I know of lol. Had a blood test to confirm that I've had lymes in the past and currently have it. My doctor explained it as some people have chronic issues with it, others have it once and it goes away.
Then you can consider yourself special 🥴. That’s pretty fucked, still be happy they diagnosed it as Lyme so quickly. Otherwise you’ll get some kind of chronic issue (which will give aswel for 90% mental issues), because of the lack of proper treatment.

wow @jamest0o0 , covid twice already. You do know the mask doesn't go over your chin right?

All kidding a side, I hope you feel better soon. I thought about you over the weekend. Wife and myself spent the weekend down at the waterfront doing some shopping and my wife saw a reptile expo sign on the way there. Of course she waiting until we drove past it to mention it, so I don't know when or where it was. But we do still need to get together at some point now that things are getting back to somewhat normal.

Last edited:
Then you can consider yourself special 🥴. That’s pretty fucked, still be happy they diagnosed it as Lyme so quickly. Otherwise you’ll get some kind of chronic issue (which will give aswel for 90% mental issues), because of the lack of proper treatment.
I've heard they're finding a lot of links between mental issues and lymes(maybe that explains me heh). Years ago, lymes often went undiagnosed. Now, doctors seem to immediately suspect it. I told my doctor I thought it may be lymes and he thought the same right away. Both times it's felt like a pulling on a nerve in my neck that gets worse. They got a blood test and had me back in to explain it all to me. He said some people naturally fight it off and never have problems, some people have chronic issues with it. He said he can't tell if mine is chronic or not. Who knows, maybe I got it years ago and it's coming back or something. This time last year, I had a bad fever, extreme pain, and multiple bullseye rashes around my body which means I believe it's in the second stage where it's spreading. Doxycycline cleared it right up. I think this time I got it earlier, last year I ignored the neck issues for like a month+

Sorry for the rambling, just something for people to be aware of. It can ruin people's lives. The stories of kids getting it and being in constant pain are horrible.

wow @jamest0o0 , covid twice already. You do know the mask doesn't go over your chin right?

All kidding a side, I hope you feel better soon. I thought about you over the weekend. Wife and myself spent the weekend down at the waterfront doing some shopping and my wife saw a reptile expo sign on the way there. Of course she waiting until we drove past it to mention it, so I don't know when or where it was. But we do still need to get together at some point now that things are getting back to somewhat normal.
Hahaha, well to be fair, the first time was before masks were even talked about much. Second time was because my work had an outbreak.

It may have been for the one in harmar if you're familiar. And yeah that would be cool, let me know. Thank you!

I know, it´s very serious and people need to be aware of it. A colleague has lost his marriage and a fortune on medical examinations / tests, due not recognizing the symptoms as the Lyme Disease, terrible, really terrible. Took them 16 months to come up with the diagnose Lyme Disease and she was already for half an year labelled as ´mentally´, it was just all in her head, she didn´t had a disease. Eventually it cost them their marriage!

I know, it´s very serious and people need to be aware of it. A colleague has lost his marriage and a fortune on medical examinations / tests, due not recognizing the symptoms as the Lyme Disease, terrible, really terrible. Took them 16 months to come up with the diagnose Lyme Disease and she was already for half an year labelled as ´mentally´, it was just all in her head, she didn´t had a disease. Eventually it cost them their marriage!
That's terrible. Hoping in the future they start to find some better cures/preventions to a growing problem. I've definitely been a little short tempered lately, not real bad, but just little things firing me up more than normal. Also random days where no amount of caffeine seems to help me get going and clear my mental fog.

Back
Top Bottom