Lumps on skin

WalterDeigoJaJa

Hi,

So my 2 yr old panther started to get these lumps and now has some on his eye too..... We have been to the vet and I have been told not to worry about the lumps. I had a fecal float done and turns out he has a lot of pinworm eggs. I am wondering if these could be the cause? He has been prescribed panacur to get rid of the worm/eggs.

If not i will be getting him back to the vet!

Please note that this is not my photo. I was reading a thread on here and took the photo from that, the lumps look exactly the same. I am unable to upload my own photos as I am on my chromebook and cannot add pictures to it from my phone.

Thanks in advance.

Kellie :)

Attachments

• 2hi1115.jpg
    2hi1115.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,672
If you got the photo from on here, was there a thread about this particular chameleon? Growths are always cause for worry as they can spread especially if they something like the Pox virus. I would get him to the vet as soon as you can and have a culture done to see if it bacterial or fungual in nature and go there as far as treatment.

If you got the photo from on here, was there a thread about this particular chameleon? Growths are always cause for worry as they can spread especially if they something like the Pox virus. I would get him to the vet as soon as you can and have a culture done to see if it bacterial or fungual in nature and go there as far as treatment.

Yes there was a thread but the actual cause of the lumps was never identified.....

It had spread, He had the one lump then another near his vent and now another 3, one on his body and 2 very small ones on his eye.

Last edited:
That could be a granuloma (infection) or viral papilloma or other skin lesion. The only way to be sure is a biopsy. I would recommend a blood panel to look for systemic inflammation and also a culture to identify any pathogens in the lesion. A course of antibiotics is probably warranted. This based on the photo of not your animal.

You definatelly need to get your guy to a vet with chameleon experience. Do you have a vet? If not I might be able to recommend one if you tell me where you live. You might fine these two older threads helpful.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/update-luie-s-health-issues-91238/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/george-had-surgery-88480/

I will go back to the vet. I'm with Chine house veterinary hospital in Leicestershire UK.

If you could recommend any other that would be great as if i don't get the answers I need I can always go somewhere else.

I will also have a look at the threads, thank you :)

That could be a granuloma (infection) or viral papilloma or other skin lesion. The only way to be sure is a biopsy. I would recommend a blood panel to look for systemic inflammation and also a culture to identify any pathogens in the lesion. A course of antibiotics is probably warranted. This based on the photo of not your animal.

I will request a biopsy from my vet. what does a biopsy involve? Will Walter (cham) have to go under anesthetic?

Although the photo isnt mine the lump looks identical to the ones on my boy. Other than the lumps he is otherwise healthy looking on the outside.

The biopsy will likely be done under general anesthesia and the vet should keep some of the sample frozen for possible further workup once the path comes in. Good luck and keep us informed.

These cases make me wonder if breeders are unknowingly spreading these pox by continuing to breed animals that develop them, and spread by dealers who don't recognize them as a problem.

I am headed to the vet Tuesday with my little sweet Chief for the same issue.... all the research leads me to believe it is pox/papilloma.... And my herp vet told me it was a fungus and to treat it with silvodine (sp?) :mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom