Lumps along the spine

Herocleasin

Recently I've started to notice lumps along Archie's spine, so I thought it might be a sign of MBD. I've never had a chameleon with MBD before, but by the looks of it he's not exhibiting any of the other symptoms of MBD. He's eating a lot, moving around a lot and doing it with ease, but those lumps are concerning.
  • My chameleon (Archie) is a veiled, at least 8 months old
  • I handle my chameleon once every two weeks.
  • I feed Archie at least once a day, 4-5 crickets, and I dust them with rep-cal blue stuff (look at the pictures) every meal. I'm also currently giving him medication prescribed by his vet, but I'm almost on the end of his 20-day prescription time.
  • I use Rep-Cal calcium supplement pink-stuff (pictures) once every month
  • His feces was recently dark brown with a white substrate
  • He was recently treated for a small infection in his lips, but that looks like it's long cleared up now, it's been about 15 days since any signs of that problem.

• screen cage
  • I use an Exo Terra that is 45 watts for his basking lamp
  • I use a Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Compact Fluorescent Reptile Lamp, 13-Watt
  • The humidity of his cage is around 50%
  • All fake plants
  • Unfortunately his cage is under an air vent, but it seems to go right over his cage (the temperature in his cage when I’m gone during the day is about 90°F and during the night about 70°F
  • North Carolina is where I’m locating, very rural countryside neighborhood.
Please tell me if you need better pictures

Attachments

• IMG_1370.jpg
    IMG_1370.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1369.jpg
    IMG_1369.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 126
Recently I've started to notice lumps along Archie's spine, so I thought it might be a sign of MBD. I've never had a chameleon with MBD before, but by the looks of it he's not exhibiting any of the other symptoms of MBD. He's eating a lot, moving around a lot and doing it with ease, but those lumps are concerning.
  • I feed Archie at least once a day, 4-5 crickets, and I dust them with rep-cal blue stuff (look at the pictures) every meal. I'm also currently giving him medication prescribed by his vet, but I'm almost on the end of his 20-day prescription time.
  • I use Rep-Cal calcium supplement pink-stuff (pictures) once every month
  • He was recently treated for a small infection in his lips, but that looks like it's long cleared up now, it's been about 15 days since any signs of that problem.

• screen cage
  • I use a Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Compact Fluorescent Reptile Lamp, 13-Watt
  • All fake plants
  • Unfortunately his cage is under an air vent, but it seems to go right over his cage (the temperature in his cage when I’m gone during the day is about 90°F and during the night about 70°F
Please tell me if you need better pictures
Need better pictures... But As we went over before you have to have the T5HO fixture that runs the width of his cage and a 5.0 bulb. A compact bulb like you are using is useless. Your supplementation is still not correct. The Herbivite (blue bottle) should only be 2 times a month and the repcal (pink bottle) should only be two times a month. these are to be used on opposite weeks. Also you have to be using a calcium WITHOUT D3 every other feeding... The National geographic calcium has D3 in it so it is the same thing as the Pink repcal.
4-5 crickets a day is not much for an 8 month old... 90 degrees is too hot for his age. What are you gutloading with? These corrections absolutely have to be made or your cham will get sick.

Need better pictures... But As we went over before you have to have the T5HO fixture that runs the width of his cage and a 5.0 bulb. A compact bulb like you are using is useless. Your supplementation is still not correct. The Herbivite (blue bottle) should only be 2 times a month and the repcal (pink bottle) should only be two times a month. these are to be used on opposite weeks. Also you have to be using a calcium WITHOUT D3 every other feeding... The National geographic calcium has D3 in it so it is the same thing as the Pink repcal.
4-5 crickets a day is not much for an 8 month old... 90 degrees is too hot for his age. What are you gutloading with? These corrections absolutely have to be made or your cham will get sick.
Okay, so this is what his care sheet should look like
  • I feed Archie at least once a day, 6-7 crickets, and I dust them with rep-cal without D3 every other meal. I'm also currently giving him medication prescribed by his vet, but I'm almost on the end of his 20-day prescription time.
  • I use Rep-Cal calcium supplement pink-stuff (pictures), and the blue stuff twice a month, on opposite weeks

• screen cage
  • I use a T5HO fixture with a 5.0 bulb
  • All fake plants
  • Unfortunately his cage is under an air vent, but it seems to go right over his cage (the temperature in his cage when I’m gone during the day is about 90°F (around the basking spot), and 80 throughout the rest of it and during the night about 70°F

Okay, so this is what his care sheet should look like
  • I feed Archie at least once a day, 6-7 crickets, and I dust them with rep-cal without D3 every other meal. I'm also currently giving him medication prescribed by his vet, but I'm almost on the end of his 20-day prescription time.
  • I use Rep-Cal calcium supplement pink-stuff (pictures), and the blue stuff twice a month, on opposite weeks

• screen cage
  • I use a T5HO fixture with a 5.0 bulb
  • All fake plants
  • Unfortunately his cage is under an air vent, but it seems to go right over his cage (the temperature in his cage when I’m gone during the day is about 90°F (around the basking spot), and 80 throughout the rest of it and during the night about 70°F
Is this a question? Because I am trying to figure out what your intention is in plugging my corrections in to your help form?

Classic example of someone asking for help and not receiving the answer they want to hear... This person has been having issues with their cham since the beginning of this year if I remember correctly. This person was told over 8 months ago about lighting and supplements and still never changed anything. No wonder this chameleon is suffering.

Plain irresponsible.

Back
Top Bottom