Recently I've started to notice lumps along Archie's spine, so I thought it might be a sign of MBD. I've never had a chameleon with MBD before, but by the looks of it he's not exhibiting any of the other symptoms of MBD. He's eating a lot, moving around a lot and doing it with ease, but those lumps are concerning.
- My chameleon (Archie) is a veiled, at least 8 months old
- I handle my chameleon once every two weeks.
- I feed Archie at least once a day, 4-5 crickets, and I dust them with rep-cal blue stuff (look at the pictures) every meal. I'm also currently giving him medication prescribed by his vet, but I'm almost on the end of his 20-day prescription time.
- I use Rep-Cal calcium supplement pink-stuff (pictures) once every month
- His feces was recently dark brown with a white substrate
- He was recently treated for a small infection in his lips, but that looks like it's long cleared up now, it's been about 15 days since any signs of that problem.
- screen cage
- I use an Exo Terra that is 45 watts for his basking lamp
- I use a Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Compact Fluorescent Reptile Lamp, 13-Watt
- The humidity of his cage is around 50%
- All fake plants
- Unfortunately his cage is under an air vent, but it seems to go right over his cage (the temperature in his cage when I’m gone during the day is about 90°F and during the night about 70°F
- North Carolina is where I’m locating, very rural countryside neighborhood.