Lump in front of right eye

JackieChan

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - male panther, 4 months old, had him for just over a month now
Handling - one or twice a week, for cleaning or to see if he fancies a roam
Feeding - hoppers + crickets every day, about 5 of each, sometimes hand fed (if he's not grumpy). 1 or 2 wax worms once a week. Gutloaded with rocket, squash, courgette (zucchini), carrot and apple.
Supplements - Calci-Dust (no D3) everyday, Nutrobal (with D3) twice a month, Exoterra multivit twice a month
Watering - home-made drip system that drips about once a minute onto leaves, plus spray him 4 or 5 times a day for about 30 secs- 1 or 2 minutes, depending on whether he enjoys the warm shower or not. I see him drink every day from the dripper or from the spray
Fecal Description - Solid but slimy brown poop and white urate, sometimes with the tip a bit orange. No parasites.
History - No history, but was healthy and active when I got him.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Glass vivarium with screen roof, 24"x18"x36"
Lighting - Arcadia vivarium canopy UV light, 24W, Arcadia ceramic reflector lamp, 160W. Lights on at 8am and off at 8pm
Temperature - Floor is 20-25C and basking spot is 25-30C. Lowest overnight temp can sometimes drop to as low as 15C (Scottish winter), but not for the whole night as I have a heater on a timer. Digital thermometer.
Humidity - Humidity levels between 60-75%. Created and maintained with dripper and misting. Digital hygrometer.
Plants - Ficus plant and plastic vines, wood branches (store bought)
Placement - Corner of my room on top of my chest of drawers. Low traffic and the top of the cage is about 6 feet from the floor
Location - Edinburgh

Current Problem - There's a small lump just in front of Jackie Chan's right eye - it's not affecting his vision or tongue aim, and it hasn't grown any larger over the past 2 days, but I'm concerned that it is perhaps a sinus problem or abcess, and wondered if anyone had any idea? I've booked him in at the vet's for later this week, but I sort of wanted a second opinion first from you guys

Any tips or problems that you see with my husbandry as well please let me know! First time owner and a bit of a worrier too.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 179
Hi, i cant tell if the lump is in the turret or just before it. Can you post a better pic please.

If it is within the turret more than likely it is a ball of shed skin.

If it is before the turret, your best option would be to go to a vet to have the lump examined as it could be a few different things.

Hello

He looks alright how long has the lump been on the right eye? does it move? does the cham look or sound at all different? If you said to yes to one or a few Id say either something has gotten into the eye ie substrate or water...or it could be a parasite or dust colections which you should see a vet about. My veiled after frequent misting would sometimes get water stuck in the eye and it would bulge for a day, pulse and move but gone by the next day. if he is overweight at all do not hesitate to skip a day or two between feedings a hungry chameleon is better than aan overweight one! :Dgood luck

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply - he was supposed to go to the vet monday, and then yesterday, but both times got cancelled cos of snow. The lump is in front of his turret, not inside, and he's not being cooperative with the camera, but i'll keep trying!

It's not affecting his behaviour at all, still spot on with his aim, eating and drinking lots, and generally seems content. It hasn't grown at all in the past week or so, either.

Hopefully the vet will be able to see me before the week is out!

He needs a vet.

If its a cyst, abcess, etc, it needs to be drained,

Pus on reptiles isnt runny and fliudy like people, its like cottage cheese, it has to be lanced and drained out by a vet.

Then antibiotics are needed based on the type of infection present

Back
Top Bottom