Lump help?

joeandsoph

Established Member
Hey guys,

Can you help please. May be worth a vet visit but just checking in with you guys first. We found this little jump on Tilly around he ribs. Any idea what it might be?

We thought maybe she feel and broke a rib but we've had her out and touched it and she doesn't appear to be in any pain, and she's wandering around just fine.

Excuse the pics, they are not the best quality

Attachments

• 100_3116.JPG
    100_3116.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 228
  • 100_3111.JPG
    100_3111.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 100_3115.JPG
    100_3115.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 163
It may be a calcium deposit, but it could be a broken rib. The thing is, do you see a rib where it should be below it? Does it look lik eit is in the right place and normal? If it does it is probably a calcium deposit. Molly has a bunch of them and I have not taken x-rays so I don't know which it would be, she was mishandled and mistreated as a baby so they may be broken ribs but maybe not.

Ok thanks. The ribs look fine, it continues above and below the lump. What can cause a calcium deposit?

I'm not possitive but I would think it's from not being able to absorb all of the calcium in their diet. Maybe she is getting too much or does not have enough D3 or UVB? Can anyone shed light on the subject?

Ah ok thanks. I mean I'm pretty sure we have got her UV correct (just replaced her bulb). We dust with calcium daily but not on weekends.

I had a verrucosus who developed a sort of "blackhead" that filled up with dead skin cells other waxy cuticle stuff periodically. He developed a small lump so I took him to the vet. He rubbed the skin surface to clean it and found this little pocket of waxy material that could be squeezed out. No active infection or spread, just this weird little pocket. Rub the skin surface to clean it. Check to see if there is a pore or a black spot that might be the opening, and see if you can gently work anything out through the pore.

Cham's ribs are mostly cartilege. Even if it was a rib break it can heal very well on its own without treatment. If your husbandry is good and no other deficiencies of course. She looks good other wise.

Hehe thanks guys.

We do have a very very good vet who isn't too far so it might be worth a trip. I think I'll keep my eye on it a few more days as I don't want to stress her out with an un-necessary vet visit.

It never moves around and it's hard. We've rubbed and touched it but it just stays there. Some days it's more visible. Doesn't seem to be causing her pain.

Back
Top Bottom