Luie, Camille and Elly's Health Issues (very long)

I'm beginning to think I'm not cut out for keeping chameleons.

That is totally not true. Your amazingly documented and caring husbandry is exactly how it should be done :)

Jann, I havent had a chance to email you back but I have been thinking of you and your chameleon family. I am very sorry you have to deal with this. Think positive you are working with the best chameleon doctors.

*hugs*

I'm so sorry to hear that Jann.. you must feel so overwhelmed. I will certainly keep Luie, Camille and Elly in my prayers. Wishing them all the best.. hope they get well soon!! Your a great Mom, be strong, they need you.

I'm so sorry to hear your chameleons are ill, Jann. I am hoping for the best and that they get better.

Sorry to hear all this is has come at the same time. You are one of the best care givers + the best doctors = best recovery. I wish you and your guys the will to give it your best.

I know this is selfish at the moment...
You are one of the most dedicated, strong, caring women here, I turn to you for most everything.
We need you, I need you, your chammies will show you the way.
Its hard yo be brave right now, but look at these responses, you are not alone in this. Olimpia is just a few minutes away.
You amaze me with the dedication and inability to give up on your babies. So far above and beyond, as usual !
Anne

Jann I ditto what everyone else has said on here! You are an inspiration to all of us! Whatever has happened to your chameleons is no fault of yours. You have to be one of the most meticulous keepers on this forum. We all look up to you and you have some of the most luckiest chameleons in the world! Wishing you and your chams all the best!!! Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jann I'm so sorry to hear about your babies' being sick. My heart hurts for you - I've been there/done that. Wondered whether I made the right decisions at the time or not. It sounds like you have a good resource helping you and you'll make the best decision when the time comes. And I'm sure most of us are like you and "not cut out" for the hard part of health issues when they arise. I've never even met your chams but
I'm so sad for you as if they were my own. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Jann I am SO sorry! I know how much love, time, effort you put into your chams and how your heart breaks when they are hurting. You take such great care of your animals, you have to be the most loving and caring cham owner I know. If anyone is "cut out for this" it is you! I will be praying for you and your chams, and keeping you all in my thoughts!!! You have already gone above and beyond what 95% of cham owners would do, which is just a great testament to how great a cham owner you are.

It is so hard to see our beloved pets in distress. I know how upset you are and scared for them, that's normal. I know the decision you have to make is a hard one, but I know you will make the right one. You always do. You know I'm always here for you.

I feel bad for missing this earlier.

Jann, if there is anyone who should have chameleons, it's you. Yes, it is painful when our shorter lived animals get old. But that does not mean we give them up as pets.

This is potentially a very painful time for you. I wish I could make it better.

You have some of the most beautiful chams I have ever seen... Never doubt yourself or your abilities as an owner. Sending all the good juju your way! ;)

This is very sad Jann :( All I can say from past experience is that if you are going to let her have the operation I would advise you to do it sooner rather than later as the weaker they get the less chance they have of pulling through or eating after the op which happened in my case.

Jann, so sorry about your situation right now. I am sending positive thoughts your way and am confident your chams have the best advocate they could possibly get. Please don't doubt yourself - as others have said, you are truly an educator and inspiration!

Deb

Jann! How sad to read about all their problems. You KNOW you are a good owner - your chams have always had the best care possible and you have the back up of a brilliant Vet with Dr Alfonso. I know that at times when things are not so good you can doubt yourself, but it's not your fault. I really hope that Camille can get through this - I think I would also get another ultrasound update if it were Amy having the same issues, before making any decisions. It just goes to show that even the best cared for chameleons can have health problems as they get older. I am now nearing the stage where I have to make 'the decision' (the one we all dread) for my Tommy. It really does break your heart, but please, please don't give up. We are all here to offer comfort and support, even if some of us do live half way around the world. Thinking of you all. xx

I really appreciate all of your kind words and your thoughts and prayers. It really means allot to have your support. Reading all your post this morning made me cry even harder. :(

We have decided to put Camille back on the Orbax and Prednisolone. If she’s showing improvement by Monday, we will keep her on these two meds for 10 days total. If she’s not improving I will call Monday to schedule surgery.

You have to go with your gut instinct Jann. My vet wanted to give my cresties the same meds that Lily reacted so badly too. I stuck to my guns and said no, and he agreed to try a larger dose of Panacur instead and that seems to be working. I know just how vital it is to make the right decision at the right time, especially when you are well aware of the consequences of each option. Sending love and hugs from across the 'pond'.

I really appreciate all of your kind words and your thoughts and prayers. It really means allot to have your support. Reading all your post this morning made me cry even harder. :(

We have decided to put Camille back on the Orbax and Prednisolone. If she’s showing improvement by Monday, we will keep her on these two meds for 10 days total. If she’s not improving I will call Monday to schedule surgery.

Sounds to me like a very well thought out and reasonable plan Jann! We will keep you and Camille in our prayers.

Back
Top Bottom